Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DallasMaverick8
Channel Surfer

Re: Control4 issue with Roku since Saturday

Thank you sir!

You might be on to something, because after the factory reset it had large tiles in the main navigation and everything was working.

Within the next 24 hours, it magically updated to smaller tiles and then it stopped working.

0 Kudos
DallasMaverick8
Channel Surfer

Good news, looks like it is working again!

Prayers have been answered by Roku.

0 Kudos
DanUK
Binge Watcher

I had a similar issue with Roku pushing out an update yesterday on my Roku 4k Streaming stick 3810X.  It stopped the Roku remote from working and would not pair with it or other remotes in my household.

I was able to get into the device with the Roku phone App but only after turning off wifi isolation mode.

Rest assured I am going to install Wireshark into my router and I will figure out the IP and domains from where these updates are provided, they will be blocked from my router which has OpenWrt firmware.

I will soon be installing adware blocking, there has been a lot of discussion about blocking YouTube ads after they made onerous changes to skip and try to trick you by saying you can skip in 6 seconds only to flip it to 50 seconds when the 6 seconds expire.

Roku 4k Streaming stick 3810X is still damaged as it will not pair normally since it forced Software version 13 Build 24298.

As you say, a factory reset is really onerous to have to perform with all your apps and preferred settings that you have to disable because you don't want Roku's screensavers, what to watch, save list or other pollution.

0 Kudos