Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Peregrin
Reel Rookie

Continue watching stopped working

I am using an android with the Roku app installed to remote control a Roku TV. 

Phone:  Galaxy S20 5G, OneUI version 5.1, Android version 13.

TV:  Philips model 32PFL4664/F7, software version 13.1.4 build 1410-63

The feature "continue watching" is visible, and all shows are listed.  However, the selection stopped responding a couple of weeks ago. 

This problem seems to be on the phone app.  "Continue watching" from the TV menu still works.

I've checked for app updates and I have restarted both the phone and the TV.  Both are on the latest OS.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Continue watching stopped working

Hi @Peregrin,

Greetings from the Roku Community!

We understand you are having a problem with the continue-watching feature since it stopped working on your phone. We're happy to investigate further. Can you please provide the following information below?

• Could you provide us with a screenshot or a photo?
  • Have you tried to use a different phone and see if that will make a difference?

We look forward to your responses and gathering your details.

Thanks,
John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
pvpiano

Same here The continue watching have stopped working about two weeks ago. I would be watching on my phone I'm five minutes away from home I get home turn my TV on and it used to would show what I was watching on my phone on my continual resume watching, but it doesn't.  and vice versa I could be at home then get in my car and I would used to see what I was watching at home on my phone but that has stopped working.

Additionally, I'm watching Chicago PD I'm on episode 11 season two but it keeps showing me continue watching season 11 episode one but the last thing I watch was episode 11 and this is on my home TV.

Just need a resolution

0 Kudos
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @pvpiano,

Thank you for your first post here in the Roku Community!

We acknowledge your concern about the continue-watching feature, which is not properly working. We'll be glad to assist you, but we'd like more details about it.

• Which channel with the 'Continue Watching' feature are you having issues with? 
  • Does this happen to any random show or channel, or does it only happen to a specific show or channel? 

In the meantime, you can try to restart your Roku device to see if it does anything. Go to Settings System Power (skip, if unavailable) > System Restart.

We look forward to your responses and gathering your details.

Thanks,
John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Peregrin
Reel Rookie

Thank you for the suggestion, but if I had another phone I wouldn't be using a Galaxy S20.

I did change apps - apparently there are several "Roku remote" apps out there.  I installed the one which seemed official.  Continue Watching does not work in this app either, but it at least acknowledges the command with an error message.  

The forums won't let me attach an image.  The message essentially say, "Something went wrong during playback, please try again later."
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.