Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
abossy

Can't connect from laptop since the last update

My main laptop can't connect to my Roku since the last update.  It goes through the regular process saying that it's starting my video- I can see the connection starting to take hold, the laptop monitor acts as if it's about to connect, and then it immediately disconnects.

Testing, I can connect an old laptop to Roku, after a few tries, so this isn't a hardware issue, but something that is messed up with Windows 11, but not Windows 10.

Any ideas about what settings I should look at on either the Roku or my laptop?

Thanks!

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Can't connect from laptop since the last update

Hi @abossy,

Welcome to the Roku Community1

Thanks for flagging us about this issue on your laptop when connecting to your Roku device. We'd like to see more on what's going on here.

Could you tell us the details below?

• Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About).
  • tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times, and provide us with this ID).
  • Laptop device information (build/model).

We'll be anticipating your response.

Thanks,

Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
AYG99

Re: Can't connect from laptop since the last update

It happens to me too, my TV is a Phillips Roku TV and since the last update I can't connect to see my screen in the TV. Now, the TV is undetectable in the network (detects another tvs from the neighbors but not mine).

The model is: 43PFL5765/F8

Software version: 14.0

Serial: X00000L5RC87

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.