Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jcs1

Re: How to get 4 columns back?

Please make the 4 columns an option again, as we can see more of our channels at a glance. 3 is way too big and requires much more navigating to get to our desired channels. 

We'd been on 4 columns for months, and it just switched back to 3 yesterday.

Snips

Re: Were icons made larger again?

Mine disappeared as well and I want them back ASAP!
I wish Roku would make up their minds on what they want the Home Screen to look like.  I have two family members outside my home that have been waiting months for their Roku devices to update to the new sleeker version of smaller app icons.  Instead I now have the old version screaming at me from my TV screen.  Ugh!!

geeteeL
Reel Rookie

Home screen icons are large now. Does anyone know how to switch back to the small ones??

It seems there was a home screen update of some kind. The App icons are larger now. Does anyone know how to switch back to the small ones?? I use a programmable universal remote and this messed up my pre-programmed buttons. ☹️

deckard2019
Reel Rookie

Re: Home screen icons are large now. Does anyone know how to switch back to the small ones??

Same issue. Only 3.5 rows of large channel icons visible on the home screen since last night vs the day before.

Using the default Roku theme.

No change after restarting.

greenmo

I just spent forever on the phone with a Roku rep who took me through a bunch of steps, NONE OF WHICH WORKED. He had me:

Check for update (I'd already done that, but did it again). No luck.

Restart the device (I'd already done that, but did it again). No luck.

Factory reset. NO LUCK and I now have to reenter ALL usernames and passwords to all channels.

ROKU: PLEASE MAKE 4 COLUMNS AN OPTION AGAIN.

andyross
Roku Guru

With OS13 coming out soon, they may be reverting everybody back to standard settings by removing the various beta testing modules or whatever. That would reduce any issues with the update when it is released.

0 Kudos

Re: Home screen icons are large now. Does anyone know how to switch back to the small ones??

This is rediculous!

Wish Roku could give us a heads up when they're going to do something like this.

I HATE IT!!

Scott-Y
Channel Surfer

Re: Can I get the 4x4 grid back?

Something else also seems to have changed.  When doing skip (skip recap, skip intro, on shows that have it), Roku skips to the proper input point on the stream but then backs up 1-2 seconds (like dvr compensation- which shouldn’t happen on defined skip points).  It’s happening on multiple services and same services on iOS device does not exhibit this issue.   

maybe back office code changes?   According to the player, there was no new code drop.  

ThisishT
Binge Watcher

I too preferer the 4x4 app grid. The option to change the app grid simply disappeared over night When I contacted Roku support the agent had no idea what I was talking about in regard to the 3x3 and/or 4x4 grid option setting. 

OG
Binge Watcher

I also preferred the 4x4 grid. Mine was just switched back to the 3 column layout. I also don't see an option within the settings to change it. Seems like an easy option to add back. Keeps everyone happy. Thanks.