Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I access over the air channels I receive from an antenna with my roku streaming stick?

Jump to solution

I have a streaming stick plus and would like to be able to watch local channels (CBS, ABC, NBC, etc.) that I get through an antenna, directly through Roku (without having to change the input from HDMI to ANTENNA). Is there a way to do this? (It looks like this can be done with with a Roku TV, but I can't figure out how to do it with a streaming stick.) Thanks.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Can I access over the air channels I receive from an antenna with my roku streaming stick?

Jump to solution

@streamingname09 

Thanks for the inquiry.

Only a Roku TV will allow you to watch OTA channels through the Roku.

For more information about OTA channels when using a Roku TV, visit out Support pages here:
How do I set up the Antenna TV input on my Roku TV?
Can I see what programs are broadcasting in my area when an HDTV antenna is connected to my Roku TV?

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
boogernose
Roku Guru

Re: Can I access over the air channels I receive from an antenna with my roku streaming stick?

Jump to solution

Where do you live?

https://www.locast.org/

The bad news is at some point you might actually have to reach over

and press the button to turn the TV off.

https://channelstore.roku.com/search/locast

---A problem clearly stated is a problem half solved---.
0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@streamingname09 

Thanks for the inquiry.

Only a Roku TV will allow you to watch OTA channels through the Roku.

For more information about OTA channels when using a Roku TV, visit out Support pages here:
How do I set up the Antenna TV input on my Roku TV?
Can I see what programs are broadcasting in my area when an HDTV antenna is connected to my Roku TV?

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
Ro4

access basic channels I receive from via Fios Verizon cable, with my roku Premiere?

Jump to solution

There are many tiles/apps on the Home window which show CBS or NBC or Fox logos, but when I click on any of them they do not bring up any of the expected live broadcast stations? Why can't I access these basic network channels with my newly installed Roku Premiere, channels that I would normally receive via Verizon Fios's cable box?

0 Kudos
ravim
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

This thread is from 2020. Is it still the case that you can't access OTA antenna channels with the stick?

Ravi

0 Kudos
Streamer317
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

No Roku device has an antenna input. Only a Roku TV such as a TCL, Hisense or Sharp 

0 Kudos
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@ravim 

As explained, only Roku TVs have TV tuners. They are actual TVs made by other companies who license the Roku software for streaming features.

There are add-ons that include TV tuners that you can add to your network and watch OTA channels. Two are Tablo and Air TV. They run $100-$200 to set up, but include DVR functionality and allow you to watch OTA content from any Roku (or other major brand) streaming devices. But just a Roku? No. There is no TV tuner.

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

Jump to solution

i have a sharp tv and a roku stick i want to know the same thing, i dont like switching remotes

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @lennythebuzz

Thanks for the post.

Please see @DBDukes' response above to answer your inquiry. Furthermore, you can also access more than 300+ free live TV channels on The Roku Channel. To do this, open The Roku Channel on your Roku stick then under the Live TV row, the Live TV Channel Guide will show up. 

For more information, you can visit this link: How to find TV listings using Live TV Channel Guide

I hope this helps!

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos