Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
suniyoka

CEC control from tv pleas help mee

Jump to solution

My old Roku 4 I could control with my TV remote through the CEC from the tv. It was nice only using one remote. I bought a Roku ultra and it doesn't appear to have that feature anymore. Roku support was useless, makes me think Roku kind of sucks now.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: CEC control from tv pleas help mee

Jump to solution

Hi @suniyoka.,

Greetings from the Roku Community!

We understand your frustration regarding this issue you had with the Roku Ultra, which doesn't have a CEC feature. We're happy to assist you further. Enabling CEC and ARC is different for every TV brand. Some have separate settings for each, while others combine the features into one setting that turns ARC and CEC on or off at the same time. When looking through your TV's menus for these features, understand that manufacturers may not refer to them by name, but rather as part of a branded trade name. In general, you can often look in a "settings" menu for CEC-related settings, sometimes in a "system" or "advanced" submenu. ARC-related settings may be located in the same place, or they may appear separately in an "audio" or "sound" menu.

You may also want to check out this support article here on how to enable HDMI-CEC and ARC on your TV.

Hope you'll find this info useful. Keep us posted on what you find out.

Best regards,
John

John
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: CEC control from tv pleas help mee

Jump to solution

Hi @suniyoka.,

Greetings from the Roku Community!

We understand your frustration regarding this issue you had with the Roku Ultra, which doesn't have a CEC feature. We're happy to assist you further. Enabling CEC and ARC is different for every TV brand. Some have separate settings for each, while others combine the features into one setting that turns ARC and CEC on or off at the same time. When looking through your TV's menus for these features, understand that manufacturers may not refer to them by name, but rather as part of a branded trade name. In general, you can often look in a "settings" menu for CEC-related settings, sometimes in a "system" or "advanced" submenu. ARC-related settings may be located in the same place, or they may appear separately in an "audio" or "sound" menu.

You may also want to check out this support article here on how to enable HDMI-CEC and ARC on your TV.

Hope you'll find this info useful. Keep us posted on what you find out.

Best regards,
John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.