Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
madbrain
Reel Rookie

Enhancing My Roku Experience: Tips and Recommendations

Jump to solution

I’m looking to maximize my Roku experience and would love to hear your recommendations. Specifically, I’m interested in:

• Tips for optimizing streaming quality and performance
  • Best practices for organizing and managing channels and apps
  • Any must-have channels or apps that you’ve found particularly useful
  • How to troubleshoot common issues or improve connectivity
  • Maintenance tips or service advice to keep my Roku running smoothly

I’d appreciate any advice, tips, or personal experiences you can share to help enhance my Roku experience.

Thanks for your help!

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Enhancing My Roku Experience: Tips and Recommendations

Jump to solution

Hi @madbrain,

Thank you for posting here in the Roku Community!

We will be more than happy to assist you further. Try moving your router and/or Roku device to a higher location in the room. Move away from the TV. If your TV is located between the Roku device and the router, try moving the Roku device to a location where the TV is not blocking the wireless signal.

After you add a channel from the Roku Channel Store, a square tile with a channel icon is added to the grid of channel tiles that appears under Home on the main screen of your Roku streaming player or Roku TV. Scroll down and you will find the newly installed channel at the bottom of the grid. If you prefer, you can move the channel to a different location.

Even though your Roku device has scores of premium channels (NetflixHBO MaxDisney+, etc.), there are plenty of free options in the Roku Channel Store that offer awesome movies and TV shows. To get you the very best free content, we’ve asked our friends on FacebookTwitter, and Reddit and compiled a list of our community’s favorite free channels.

This article provides instructions on how to fix common network issues and error codes on your Roku streaming device. Other articles provide more how-to instructions and guides.

Hope you'll find this info useful. Let us know in case you still have any questions.

Best regards,
John

John
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Enhancing My Roku Experience: Tips and Recommendations

Jump to solution

Hi @madbrain,

Thank you for posting here in the Roku Community!

We will be more than happy to assist you further. Try moving your router and/or Roku device to a higher location in the room. Move away from the TV. If your TV is located between the Roku device and the router, try moving the Roku device to a location where the TV is not blocking the wireless signal.

After you add a channel from the Roku Channel Store, a square tile with a channel icon is added to the grid of channel tiles that appears under Home on the main screen of your Roku streaming player or Roku TV. Scroll down and you will find the newly installed channel at the bottom of the grid. If you prefer, you can move the channel to a different location.

Even though your Roku device has scores of premium channels (NetflixHBO MaxDisney+, etc.), there are plenty of free options in the Roku Channel Store that offer awesome movies and TV shows. To get you the very best free content, we’ve asked our friends on FacebookTwitter, and Reddit and compiled a list of our community’s favorite free channels.

This article provides instructions on how to fix common network issues and error codes on your Roku streaming device. Other articles provide more how-to instructions and guides.

Hope you'll find this info useful. Let us know in case you still have any questions.

Best regards,
John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.