Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gumby256
Reel Rookie

Backdrops Opens and then Closes

I have a fully patched TCL TV.  OS 13+. The Backdrops app simply opens and sits on the splash screen for a while and then goes away.  It never shows settings, or anything - it just returns me to the homepage.  Additionally, tapping the power button on the remote just shuts off the TV.  I even attempted a factory reset (amongst all the other normal stuff).  4K TCL TV, Ethernet connected.  

Labels (1)
12 REPLIES 12
RokuRiamie-D
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Backdrops Opens and then Closes

Hi @gumby256,

Welcome to the Roku Community!

We are pleased to have you report the issue with your TCL Roku TV with Backdrops that are crashing back to the home screen. I am more than willing to sort this out for you.

We would like to know the following details so that we can coordinate this with our Roku-appropriate team for review:

• Does it only happen to your TCL Roku TV, or has it also happened to the other Roku TV linked to the same Roku account?
  • What internet connection are you using?
  • What is the exact Software version of your TCL Roku TV: (This can be found in Settings > System > About)
  • Tracker ID (press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times, and provide us with this ID)

We look forward to your response.

Regards,
Riamie

Riamie D.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Fredericka87
Channel Surfer

• G851X Roku tv 
  • Wireless
  • 13.1.4 build 1512-ET
  • Tracker ID ID KE-370-130

Happening to me too. Didn’t factory reset but did restart the system. Still click, opens for a second, closes. 

AndrewBean90
Channel Surfer

I am having the same issue with it on my Sharp branded Roku TV. 

0 Kudos
gumby256
Reel Rookie

100% bet this is a firewall issue. What ports must be open to allow it to work?  

0 Kudos
gumby256
Reel Rookie

Honestly wonder if this is a firewall port that needs to open. Is there a firewall between you and the internet?  For me there is. Bet that’s it (assuming it isn’t an internal Roku issue)

0 Kudos
AndrewBean90
Channel Surfer

That makes no sense. A) there's no firewall on any Roku TV, and B) why would it work one day then not work the next. Like in the event that there was a firewall it doesn't make sense for it to work & then all of a sudden stop working. This is clearly a bug that multiple people have had. 

0 Kudos
gumby256
Reel Rookie

Gotcha. Wasn’t saying a firewall on the TV or Roku, and didn’t know it worked once and not again. In my case there is a Palo Alto firewall between the TV and then internet. 

0 Kudos
Orangeblue

I have the exact problem. It opens and crashes immediately. Frustrating.

RokuRiamie-D
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi Community user,

Thanks for bringing this to our attention, and thank you all for patiently waiting while we work on this issue.

For us to look further investigate your concern kindly provide the following details below.

• The software version of your Roku TVs:
  • Tracker ID (press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times, and provide us with this ID)

Your information will be forwarded to our Roku-appropriate team for review, so any additional information is highly appreciated.

We look forward to your response.

Regards,
Riamie

Riamie D.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.