Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tmorse1
Streaming Star

Availability of the Program Timeless is Misreported in Roku Search

This is to notify Roku of a reporting error in Roku Search.

I follow the excellent science fiction program, Timeless, starring Abigail Spencer, Matt Lanter, and others. This title in search (formerly My Feed; don't get me started on that) shows that the program is now available on the Gaia Channel (first season for free), but the show that's on the Gaia Channel is Timeless: It's Time to Talk, a program in German about paranormal phenomena, not the former NBC series. This error needs to be corrected

Thank you,

Terry

5 REPLIES 5
andyross
Roku Guru

Re: Availability of the Program Timeless is Misreported in Roku Search

According to JustWatch, it is available on Hulu with a subscription. It's available to buy on Amazon and AppleTV.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@tmorse1

Thanks for the post.

I have passed along your concerns to the appropriate Roku team to investigate further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
tmorse1
Streaming Star

Not the point. Roku says the high quality science fiction program Timeless is available on Gaia. It isn't. Person of Interest is, but it's in German with no English subtitles. Roku needs to do better at checking program availability. Assuming it's an AI that detects program names on Roku channels, it needs an upgrade. Roku also ought to bring back My Feed, but that's a separate issue.

0 Kudos
tmorse1
Streaming Star

So far, nothing has happened. The misinformation is still there.

0 Kudos
andyross
Roku Guru

There is a bug with some services on Roku where the language defaults to German (Deutsch). I have had that happen on FreeVee. You can change it once the program starts. There is a thread here that started with some episodes of Star Trek on Paramount+, but it has the same fix:

https://community.roku.com/t5/Channels-viewing/Star-Trek-language-changed-from-English-to-German/td-... 

0 Kudos