Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Raleighm57

Audio quality with headphones

I have four options for listening to audio with headphones and am trying to find out if there is an audio quality advantage with any of these options:

1. Direct wired connection to AV receiver headphone jack (Roku Ultra is connected to HDMI in on AVR)

2. Wired connection to Roku remote headphone jack

3. Bluetooth headphones connection to Roku Ultra

4. Bluetooth headphones connection to Roku app on my phone 

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Audio quality with headphones

Hi, @Raleighm57

Thanks for posting, and welcome to the Roku Community.

In general, if you're streaming and want to provide the room with audio based on your preference, a direct wired connection to the AV receiver with a speaker of your choice is a good option. On the other hand, the private listening feature with a wired connection to the Roku Voice Remote Pro's private listening headphone jack or to the Roku remote mobile app can provide direct private output of music and sounds while streaming. Furthermore, Bluetooth headphones or speakers are also good options for streaming and utilizing the private listening feature. With all being said, it comes down to the quality of your speakers or Bluetooth headphones since using a speaker for a room takes advantage of loud sounds, and using a headphone with the private listening feature while streaming provide more private streaming.

In case you need guidance on How do I connect a Bluetooth® device to my Roku® device? Visit this link.

All the best,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos