Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
FINZ2RIGHT
Streaming Star

Re: Aquatic Life Removed (again)?

Jump to solution

Thanks for your reply. Liana, a Roku employee wrote “The Aquatic Life is no longer available on the Roku platform.

It is not available in the Roku store on my Roku ultra. It was loaded on my device but I noticed it missing when I was going to play it. I can log in to Roku online and it says it is installed on my device, although it disappeared recently. 

I was just trying to get an explanation from Liana as to what happened and if this is permanent. But what she wrote in her post appears to be a copied and pasted generic response to any channel change inquiry. 

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @FINZ2RIGHT,

Saw your post!

We understand that the Aquatic Life was removed from your Roku device. We would be more than happy to look further into this issue but will need more details. Can you please provide us with the following information:

1. Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
  2. When did they notice the screensaver disappear

Once we have this information, we will be able to investigate further.

Best regards,
Mary

0 Kudos
bhcochran

Jump to solution

Disappeared from mine as well.

Model: 4660X Roku Ultra

Serial: YJ00C1694824

Software: 11.5.0 build 4312-46

Device ID: CK391C694824

0 Kudos
Williamt100
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

RokuMary,

I'm the OP -- I first noticed the problem on Wednesday, February 8th, on my ROKU Ultra.

As I stated in my original post, Aquatic Life still shows up in the channel lineup on my ROKU TV, and ROKU 4.

It also shows as installed when I log into my ROKU account -- it's only the ROKU Ultra that seems to have the issue.

Roku 3500X
Roku 4400X
Roku 4661X
0 Kudos
FINZ2RIGHT
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

Mary, I responded to you via email. yesterday

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @Williamt100,

Thanks for following up and We appreciate you bringing this to our attention.

We would like to know how to identify and look closely at this issue. Please provide the details I requested in my post above. 

We look forward to hearing from you and assisting you with your Screensaver issue. Thank you!

Best regards,
Mary

0 Kudos
FINZ2RIGHT
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

Mary, I have a Roku Ultra as well.

Roku Ultra 4660X
S/N  YJ0085328997
Software Version 11.5.0.4312
Device ID CK3928328997
0 Kudos
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

Sometimes, a screensaver may not be available to all your Roku devices. (ie. some are explicitly for RokuTV and not for Roku devices.)

This is not the instance for Aquatic Life.  I have it installed on all my Roku devices and RokuTV.  It shows as available to install (ie. Get Screensaver) on all devices, except for my Ultra 4660.  It is currently running on the Ultra 4660, but is not showing in the Streaming Channels Search like all the other devices it is installed on.

So, it has either been/is in the process of being removed as mentioned by @RokuLianna , or has been mistakenly removed/omitted from the Search results as compatible with Ultra devices for install.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

0 Kudos
FINZ2RIGHT
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

I cannot speak for everyone but i am NOT referring to the screensaver. There was an aquarium CHANNEL aquatic life. I am referring to the channel NOT the screensaver which may or may not exist. I did not have it as my screensaver. 

0 Kudos
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@FINZ2RIGHT 

On some devices, the Aquatic Life was able to be installed as both a channel/app and also as a Screensaver. (when installed on devices, you could select it anytime, like any other channel/app).  On other devices, it was only a screensaver. (no seperate channel/app).

I remember some older postings that mentioned when removed from some devices, was no longer to be added back again as a channel/app but was still available as a screensaver. (channel/app availability lost).  I can't remember what OS version that occured under.  Either 10.5 or 11.0 the Aquatic Life went under some changes.  Could be occuring again (bug).

https://community.roku.com/t5/Channels-viewing/Way-to-go-Roku-Eliminate-Aquatic-Life-icon/m-p/821455

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102