Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
elmoso
Channel Surfer

App display quality issue

I don't use my Roku Stick+ 4K that often anymore due to my new LG TV being a good smart TV. I noticed though that on my LG. The same apps I have on my Roku player are of higher quality. The LG apps are very clean and sharp all around. The picture quality is great, but when I compare them to my Roku Stick+. I can see the app are pixelated and just look like they were enlarged.  The picture quality is also so so. Anyone else noticed this with their roku apps? How the lining around the lettering of any of the apps are out of alignment?  I am not having any playback issues with the Roku, but just that I noticed that the app quality suck on Roku.  Amazon Prime, Netflix are very noticeable.  There is some fudginess on the amazon prime menu. It's very ugly.  My roku stick is an older model.  It is the one prior to them adding Dolby vision. Though I don't know why they don't put it on since it is just a software update required for it, but that's for another thread.

I attached 2 pictures I took.  I hope you can see what I mean. The one with all white lettering is from Roku Netflix and the other one is from my LG Netflix.  You might be able to see the distortion on the letters from the Roku picture. This is all across every app. Not just those. It's all of them.  

I wonder if this only happens on the Roku stick and not on the more premium players.  I hope this thread makes it to the development so they can fix that.  Now I feel like the quality of the product is just ehh. 1000030049 (1).jpg1000030050 (1).jpg

I also found someone else reporting the same issue on this thread.

Roku Express HD (2022 version) - display quality i... - Roku Community

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: App display quality issue

I don't see a significant difference, but I'm guessing it's more noticeable on your TV.  One thing that it may be is that Roku devices (even 4k devices) only display the UI in 1080p (if not 720p for some non-4k devices).  Your TV may have a true 4k UI.  Video playback should be of equal 4k quality.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.