Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bobtheskutter
Channel Surfer

Re: Airplay doesn’t work after new tv update

Workaround (stupid that I have to do this, but it seems to work)

I have my 50” TCL Roku Tv model G135X hardwired. In order to make screen mirroring work, I need to:

1) reset my network connection the the same wi-fi as my phone (never had to do this before. As long as it was on the same 192.168.1.X it always worked)

2) start screen mirroring from my phone

3) on the TV, go to Settings —> Network —> Check Connection

This usually kicks things in the behind and gets it going.  As I said, it’s stupid, and I shouldn’t have to jump through these hoops, but its been working for me. 

Give it a try, and post a reply if this works for you, too. 

Td50
Channel Surfer

What’s actually been done to address this issue?

There is a ton of threads all reporting the same EXACT issue and you (Roku tech) is responding and asking for the same details/screenshots and nothing has been done to correct the issue.

Everyone who responds is giving you all of this information 

0 Kudos
Jw1211
Reel Rookie

Agreed, they’re acting like it’s a unique issue to each user. It’s clearly affected everyone, the company clearly doesn’t want to admit they can’t fix the issue and own it and hope it just goes away. No one should by this brand of TV. 

0 Kudos
bobtheskutter
Channel Surfer

It’s not just the TV. My Roku Ultra, and Streaming Sticks all have the same problem since updating to OS Version 12.5

0 Kudos
bobtheskutter
Channel Surfer

I don’t know what Roku devs are doing to solve this (a roll-back would have been nice) but this is a workaround I have found (stupid that I have to do this, but it seems to work)

I have my 50” TCL Roku Tv model G135X hardwired. In order to make screen mirroring work, I need to:

1) reset my network connection the the same wi-fi as my phone (never had to do this before. As long as it was on the same 192.168.1.X it always worked)

2) start screen mirroring from my phone

3) on the Roku device go to Settings —> Network —> Check Connection

This usually kicks things in the behind and gets it going.  As I said, it’s stupid, and I shouldn’t have to jump through these hoops, but its been working for me. 

Give it a try, and post a reply if this works for you, too. 

0 Kudos
WCStreamer
Reel Rookie

I have the same issue: tried to mirror iPhone screen to Roku. I have tried the following steps in an attempt to fix the issue:

[x] Rebooted Roku.

[x] Rebooted iPhone

[x] Verified that both devices are on the same Wi-Fi network

[x] Verified that Roku can stream YouTube contents

[x] Verified that Airplay is enabled on Roku

Model: 3931RW-Roku Express+

SN:       X004001EE5MU

DevID:  S012207EE5MU

SW ver: 12.5.5, build 4174-AE

Airplay was working fine in the last few years until the last update to ver 12.5.5 pushed on 1/24/2024.

Roku support, please help/advise. 

0 Kudos
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @WCStreamer,

Welcome to the Roku Community, and thanks for the update!

We would be more than happy to assist you further with this problem. Can you please provide the following information?

• May we know what the current iOS version of your iPhone is?
  • Could you also provide us with the tracker ID by pressing the home button five times and the back button as well five times?

We'll wait for your response.

Thanks,                                                                                                                                              John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
WCStreamer
Reel Rookie

Hi John,

My device is: iPhone SE, OS ver 17.2.1

There is no tracker ID which I could obtain b/c pressing HOME 5 times followed by BACK button 5 times did not popup anything on the screen.

br,

Vince

0 Kudos
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @WCStreamer,

Thank you for the post!

Please try to press the back button five times and the home button as well five times.

We look forward to hearing from you soon.

Thanks,                                                                                                                                                  John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
WCStreamer
Reel Rookie

Hi John,

I was finally able to get the issue number which is: Issue ID MU-072-011

v/r,

Vince

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.