Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mcheiron
Reel Rookie

AirPlay screen mirroring is cut off

Hello,

I am trying to mirror my entire screen of an iPad mini to a Roku Streaming Stick 4K. I have connected via Airplay from the iPad to the Roku, but the TV is only showing to top left quarter of the iPad screen. 

This is also the case when I am extending the screen for example via PowerPoint presentation. 

Does anyone have a suggestion of how I can fix this issue?

thanks a lot. 

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
12 REPLIES 12
RokuRiamie-D
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: AirPlay screen mirroring is cut off

Hi @Mcheiron,

Welcome to the Roku Community!

Thanks for bringing to our attention that when you attempted to airplay with your Roku Streaming Stick 4k, it only displayed a quarter of the iPad screen. We are more than happy to assist you with this concern.

Let's see if this will work for you. Please follow the troubleshooting below.

System restart your device:

1. Press Home on your Roku remote
  2. Scroll and select Settings
  3. Select System
  4. Select Power. If you do not see a Power submenu, skip to the next step.
  5. Select System restart

You can also try restarting your iPad mini and setting up again the Airplay.

For more help, you can visit our Roku Support FAQ: How to use AirPlay and HomeKit with your Roku streaming device

Please let us know if these troubleshooting steps help you to resolve your concern.

Regards,
Riamie

Riamie D.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Mcheiron
Reel Rookie

@RokuRiamie-D Thanks a lot for your help. I followed you advice and restarted the Roku and also my iPad. Now, the screen is just black and I only have sound when streaming for example a movie from my iPad or iPhone to the Roku. I do get the request to enter the security code. 

I also followed standard instructions that you linked. This is actually how I set things up the first place.

do you or anybody else have more suggestions? More background: iPhone is and iPad are on the newest iOS version and the Roku is also updated to the newest software version. 

0 Kudos
burtoyo2

Why Will Screen Mirroring or Apple Airplay Not Work?

Currently a college student, last year in my dorm room with the same tv, same phone, and same Fubo app I was able to use Airplay with no issues. I am now in an apartment with all the same things except a different wifi network. Both devices are connected to the same wireless network, but Airplay does not work. I have the ‘Prompt’ setting turned on and screen mirroring also does not work on a different rolu tv in the apartment. Also the Tv does not even appear on the airplay menu

0 Kudos
Tmondesir
Reel Rookie

AirPlay is lagging then disconnects and doesn’t let me reconnect

I’ve tried all the steps and I rest my tv and nothing changed it lags for some reason and then doesn’t want to connect anymore something is either wrong with the tv or something cause my other tv worked perfectly fine with AirPlay never had issue with it 

0 Kudos
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Why Will Screen Mirroring or Apple Airplay Not Work?

Hi @burtoyo2 @Tmondesir,

Thank you for your first post here in the Roku Community!

We understand you are having a problem with Airplay since it is not working. We're happy to assist you further. If you do not see your Roku device or TV when trying to use AirPlay to view content on your TV, you should check the following:

• Are your Roku device and Apple device connected to the same wireless network?
    You can view the network configuration of your devices in the settings menu. On your Roku device, go to Settings > Network > About. If it is not connected to the same network as your Apple device, learn how you can resolve connectivity issues.
  • Has AirPlay been turned off on your Roku device?
    Go to Settings > Apple AirPlay and HomeKit and make sure AirPlay is set to On.

I hope I have addressed your question appropriately, but reply to this message if the above did
not fix your issue, and we will gladly follow up.

All the best,
John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
RokuRiamie-D
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Mcheiron,

Thanks for the response.

We appreciate your efforts in trying the troubleshooting steps we recommended to fix the issue. We would like to share this with our appropriate team for further investigation, so if you don't mind, kindly provide the following details below.

• iOS version of your iPhone and iPad
  • Software Version of your Roku device (this can be found in Settings > System > About )
  • Tracker ID (press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times, and provide us with this ID)

We look forward to your response.

Regards,
Riamie

Riamie D.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Mcheiron
Reel Rookie

@RokuRiamie-D: thanks for your reply.

All is up to date. The iOS and iPadOS versions are both 17.6.1. The Roku version is 13.1.4. 

The tracker ID is G9-357-121. 

0 Kudos
Tmondesir
Reel Rookie

Yes they are supposed to do AirPlay and connected to the same WiFi and the AirPlay is turned on

0 Kudos
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Tmondesir,

Thanks for the follow-up!

We want to gather more information regarding this issue that you had. Can you please provide the following details below?

• iOS version of your iPhone and iPad
  • Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
  • Tracker ID (press the Home button five times, followed by the Back button five times, and provide us with this ID)
  • What troubleshooting steps have you taken so far?

We look forward to your responses and gathering your details.

Thanks,
John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.