Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
PamelaB

$4.99 for Roku Channel…I thought it was free tv?

Why am I being billed $4.99 on my credit card for Roku Channel when it’s suppose to be free tv?

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
RokuKarla
Retired Moderator

Re: $4.99 for Roku Channel…I thought it was free tv?

Hello @PamelaB

Thanks for reaching out here in the Community!

It may be more effective to seek assistance from our Billing team for account and billing issues. You can contact them here and then choose 'Account, payments & subscription'. They are the most qualified to assist you in this matter.

Thank you for your understanding and stay safe!

Regards,
Karla

0 Kudos
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Re: $4.99 for Roku Channel…I thought it was free tv?

Note that The Roku Channel itself is free.   But some services to which you can subscribe and then view THROUGH The Roku Channel have subscription fees.

While in The Roku Channel, subscription channels can be identified via the Subscription item in the menu down the left side of the screen.  Many of them offer free previews of various durations that convert to paid subscriptions if you don't cancel them before the free preview period ends.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos