Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
traveux
Reel Rookie

3 devices broken after OS13 update

Jump to solution

I own 3 Roku devices (4630x, 4230x2, & 4200x) - of course none of them qualify for agent support through Roku

I'm assuming this has to do with the recent update to OS13, because I had 3 working setups and changing absolutely nothing, 2 of my rooms are just broken.

My main device (4630x) is now throwing up an HDCP error, and rebooting/powercycling has not resolved it.

All of my devices have broken functionality with CEC. Every button press on the remote sends a command to my TV to go to input 1. For whatever reason, my TV's ARC port is input one, so I have to have my Roku on input 2. The only way to resolve this is to remove my soundbar from the TV and put my Roku on input 1. The most frustrating part of this is there is no way to remove CEC controls. On all of my Rokus, under remote it says "TV control not available for this remote" so there is no option to turn it off.

Lastly, on my older Rokus, any type of live TV now stutters to the point that is unwatchable.

Hoping someone has seen these issues and can point me to a solution that doesn't involve purchase.
I would love the option to rollback to a previous OS, but looks like that is impossible.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: 3 devices broken after OS13 update

Jump to solution

Hi @traveux,

We appreciate your time taking the time to post to the Roku Community!

Thanks for letting us know about the issue you've been experiencing with your Roku devices after the OS13 update and for the steps you took to resolve it.

To resolve this, we recommend taking a look at our Support page to troubleshoot the issue:

We'll also contact you privately here in the Community to gather more details. Please keep an eye on your inbox; we would like to check and further assist you with this.

In the meantime, your patience and understanding are highly appreciated.

All the best,
Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 REPLIES 6
Strega2
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

On the CEC, have you tried unchecking settings > system > control other devices (CEC) > 1-touch play? (on the Roku)

If that doesn’t work, the TV should have a way to turn off CEC as well.

Banned but back. Because why not?
traveux
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Hello and thank you for your reply 

I'll try the 1-touch play option when I return home. From the TV end (and I know this is weird, I blame Sharp) the CEC controls are tied to ARC, so if I turn off CEC on the TV end, the ARC will not work.

Would still love everything to work as it did 4 days ago. So frustrating that I did nothing at all and everything blew up. Would love to be able to opt out of updates

Thanks again for your help!

0 Kudos
traveux
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Are there any ways beyond this forum to get help?

I tried to open a ticket with support but it said I do not qualify.

0 Kudos
RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @traveux,

We appreciate your time taking the time to post to the Roku Community!

Thanks for letting us know about the issue you've been experiencing with your Roku devices after the OS13 update and for the steps you took to resolve it.

To resolve this, we recommend taking a look at our Support page to troubleshoot the issue:

We'll also contact you privately here in the Community to gather more details. Please keep an eye on your inbox; we would like to check and further assist you with this.

In the meantime, your patience and understanding are highly appreciated.

All the best,
Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
traveux
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Chel, thank you for your help

I swapped all cabling and rebooted everything and the HDCP flashed for a second and then went away. 
it has been working for about 20 minutes now so I’m hopefully optimistic. 

it is still strange to me that none of my other devices has thrown an HDCP error ever (including those fed through my receiver) but the Roku did after an update.

RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @traveux,

Thanks for the update!

We're happy to hear that the issue has already been resolved. We express our gratitude for your patience, effort, and understanding in resolving the issue.

Please let us know if there are other related issues we can look into further.

All the best,
Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.