Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bum4evr

2 roku boxes- one on wifi, one on ethernet cable, can't cast to wifi one.

For some reason, I can't get the wifi roku to cast from anything, it does not matter which roku box is plugged in to ethernet, the box that is on wifi won't show up as available to cast to, even if it's the only box connected. It seems like casting only works when I have an ethernet connection. Both boxes are set to accept all casts. Am I missing something? A router setting needs changing perhaps? Thanks for any help. Both roku boxes are older roku 3. Sean g. 

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
RokuNimfa-C
Retired Moderator

Re: 2 roku boxes- one on wifi, one on ethernet cable, can't cast to wifi one.

Hello @bum4evr,

Thanks for your inquiry. 
Even though the terms “casting” and “screen mirroring” are commonly interchanged in the industry, there are differences when using them with your Roku device. 

Could you tell us what are you trying to do? Do you wish to cast to your TV what you are already watching on your mobile device, using the casting icon? Or do you want to replicate (or “mirror”) the screen of your compatible Android or Windows device wirelessly onto your TV screen?

To learn more about the difference and instructions, read the articles below:

Detailed article about screen mirroring

Detailed article about casting

Keep us posted on what you find out. 

Regards, 
Nimfa

0 Kudos