Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
annoyedbymytv
Reel Rookie

roku tv keeps turning off when i leave the room

i have just gotten a new roku tv mind you i already went thru the turning off power saving or what not but as soon as i leave the room it turns off how do i get rid of this it’s sooo annoying??? (also my connection is fine and the power source is fine?? so what’s the deal here)

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
annoyedbymytv
Reel Rookie

Re: roku tv keeps turning off when i leave the room

CAN ANYONE HELP ME AND IT RANDOMLY OPENS SETTINGS TO TURN OFF MY TVVVV I FACTORY RESET IT SIX TIMES AND DID A REGULAR RESET FIVE TIMESSSS ROKU HELP MEE

0 Kudos
RokuJharra-Q
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Welcome to the Roku community, @annoyedbymytv!

We understand that you sometimes want your Roku TV to remain on, and we're here to help.

The bandwidth saver feature on your Roku TV or Roku streaming device automatically stops streaming after four hours of inactivity to help you avoid exceeding your data limit. If your device is inactive for four hours, it will ask you to confirm if you are still watching before stopping data downloads over your internet connection.

This bandwidth-saving feature might be enabled on your Roku TV. Please try turning off the bandwidth saver to check if it makes any difference. Follow the steps below to turn it off.

1. Press Home on your Roku remote 

2. Scroll and select Settings.
  3. Select Network
  4. Select Bandwidth saver
  5. Choose Off

We hope to resolve everything soon. If the above does not resolve your issue, please reply, and we will gladly follow up.

Thanks,
Jharra

Jharra Q.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
annoyedbymytv
Reel Rookie

already did that and didn’t work what now

0 Kudos
Tim_Hare
Streaming Star

You don't have a motion-sensing switch for lights in the room do you? Some people have them to automatically turn lights off when they leave a room to save powe.  I've seen a situation where that switch controlled lamps by controlling the power for an outlet, and someone had plugged their TV (in this case it was an older TV but this still applies) into the same outlet - so when the motion-sensing switch detected that no one had moved in some period of time, it shut off that outlet .

I realize this is grasping at straws but if the TV settings don't help then maybe it's something outside the TV

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.