Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
vaughn330

roku channel will not play anything

Jump to solution

nothing on my roku channel plays

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuJharra-Q
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: roku channel will not play anything

Jump to solution

A warm welcome to the Roku Community, @vaughn330!

We appreciate your post and would like to request more information about the issue you are encountering so that we can provide you with the best possible assistance. As @renojim mentioned, could you please share your location?

It's important to note that channel availability on Roku devices may vary based on location. While a Roku device is functional in any location, certain channels may not be accessible due to the discretion of the channel provider.

If this device previously worked, please try troubleshooting steps to check if it makes any difference. Follow the steps below: 

1. Restart your Roku device: Just unplug your TV and then plug it back in.
  2. Restart your internet router, and use a mobile hotspot if needed.

Let us know if it works for you.

Best regards,
Jharra

Jharra Q.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

Where are you located and are you using a VPN?

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
RokuJharra-Q
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

A warm welcome to the Roku Community, @vaughn330!

We appreciate your post and would like to request more information about the issue you are encountering so that we can provide you with the best possible assistance. As @renojim mentioned, could you please share your location?

It's important to note that channel availability on Roku devices may vary based on location. While a Roku device is functional in any location, certain channels may not be accessible due to the discretion of the channel provider.

If this device previously worked, please try troubleshooting steps to check if it makes any difference. Follow the steps below: 

1. Restart your Roku device: Just unplug your TV and then plug it back in.
  2. Restart your internet router, and use a mobile hotspot if needed.

Let us know if it works for you.

Best regards,
Jharra

Jharra Q.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.