Discussions

More than a smart TV—a better TV. Learn more about using your Roku TV, locate help resources, and share your experience.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Cyngal77
Level 7

my Roku TV is stuck on RDIO, unable to access anything

my ROKU TV is stuck on RDIO. I can't access home screen, *settings, back button,etc 

My TV will even turn on by itself and stay on the RDIO app. What now?

0 Kudos
2 Replies
AvsGunnar
Level 10

Re: my Roku TV is stuck on RDIO, unable to access anything

Unplug the Rokutv for about 30 seconds.  Plug back in, should cause reboot.

0 Kudos
Visitor45763
Level 12

Re: my Roku TV is stuck on RDIO, unable to access anything

@Cyngal77 , if unplugging didn't work, you might try unplugging and holding the power button for a minute. That can drain stored electricity that might remain for awhile (capacitors?).

If that doesn't do it, you might try the so-called "cache clear":

Hit HOME 5 times.
UP once.
REWIND twice.
FAST FORWARD twice. (Clears cache & tv reboots itself. Be patient. It takes 2-3 minutes for the tv to go black, and come back on)

That really does fix problems when nothing else does (but, not always, and sometimes not even for the same problem). It's more than a restart. 

There is a pinhole factory reset in the back. you could try that if none of the above works. If I were you, I would tell the initial setup I don't have internet. See what happens with that lightweight version of the software. If it behaves itself, then go to settings>network to create a network create the connection. Maybe it will still behave. If not, then you know more about what's happening.

"People are often amazed at how much we’ve done with the number of engineers we’ve got." (Roku CEO Anthony Wood, Austin Statesman, Oct 4, 2019). "Amazed" is one way of putting it.
0 Kudos