Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Cyngal77

my Roku TV is stuck on RDIO, unable to access anything

my ROKU TV is stuck on RDIO. I can't access home screen, *settings, back button,etc 

My TV will even turn on by itself and stay on the RDIO app. What now?

0 Kudos
13 REPLIES 13
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

Re: my Roku TV is stuck on RDIO, unable to access anything

Unplug the Rokutv for about 30 seconds.  Plug back in, should cause reboot.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

0 Kudos
Visitor45763
Roku Guru

@Cyngal77 , if unplugging didn't work, you might try unplugging and holding the power button for a minute. That can drain stored electricity that might remain for awhile (capacitors?).

If that doesn't do it, you might try the so-called "cache clear":

Hit HOME 5 times.
UP once.
REWIND twice.
FAST FORWARD twice. (Clears cache & tv reboots itself. Be patient. It takes 2-3 minutes for the tv to go black, and come back on)

That really does fix problems when nothing else does (but, not always, and sometimes not even for the same problem). It's more than a restart. 

There is a pinhole factory reset in the back. you could try that if none of the above works. If I were you, I would tell the initial setup I don't have internet. See what happens with that lightweight version of the software. If it behaves itself, then go to settings>network to create a network create the connection. Maybe it will still behave. If not, then you know more about what's happening.

"People are often amazed at how much we’ve done with the number of engineers we’ve got." (Roku CEO Anthony Wood, Austin Statesman, Oct 4, 2019). "Amazed" is one way of putting it.
0 Kudos
Mpb1985

This just started happening to me too, and none of the above suggestions are working. What should I do?

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@Mpb1985

Thanks for the post.

We would recommend trying to unplug your TV for 10-15 minutes and then plugging it back in to see if that resolves the issue you are seeing.

Please keep us posted what you find out.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
John40

I don't even know how I got onto RDIO on the first place but nothing is working. I just did a factory reset and it came back to RDIO. Help

0 Kudos
Magetress

This just started happening to me. Tried everything including it leaving it unplugged overnight. Nothing has changed still on rdio 

RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@Magetress

Thanks for the post.

Can you please specify the issue you are experiencing? What are the steps to reproduce the issue? What troubleshooting steps have you already taken to try to resolve? Can you provide us with a screenshot of what you are seeing?

With more detailed information, we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Biggaybear
Reel Rookie

This happens to me regularly as well. It happens at random times using the remote. It might be loading a new channel, putting in a password or simply changing the channel or turning up the volume. With time it happens more and more frequently. If I can't solve it soon my solution will be move to fire stick.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@Biggaybear

Thanks for the post.

Can you please specify the issue you are experiencing? What are the steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing? What troubleshooting steps have you already taken to try to resolve the issue?

With more detailed information, we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos