Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
krbr
Reel Rookie

malformed data error, Channel- HD HomeRun TV

Have 5 ROKU all have; malformed data error.  On MZ and Theater ROKU did the 123 fix DID NOT FIX.  Did a factory reset DID NOT FIX. Have 7 Fire TVs that work as expected. Suggestions?

This condition only affects the CHANNEL- HD HomeRun TV; when selected “Discovering Devices…” is briefly displayed.  The screen changes to “Roku player error: Malformed data”, a bar graph then appears in the lower part of the screen and the “Roku player error: Malformed data” disappears.   The bar graph runs to full and returns to about half.  If the back arrow is pushed the screen shows the “Recorded TV” screen.  If a selection is made, from that screen, the screen reverts to “Roku player error: Malformed data”.  I did as you suggested on 2 of my 5 Roku devices to no avail.  I also did a factory reset and added my streaming channels [Amazon Video, Peacock, Paramount+].  All good to that point; then I added HD HomeRun and got the same result.  I have 7 Fire TV devices and the HD HomeRun works with that system.

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
RokuNimfa-C
Retired Moderator

Re: malformed data error, Channel- HD HomeRun TV

Hi @krbr

Welcome to the Roku Community. 

We'd like to look into this further. To clarify, have you tried to remove the channel and see if it helps? If you haven't tried it yet, you can remove the affected channel and re-install it. To ensure the process is successful, restart your device before adding the channel back in. We would recommend doing this from the Settings menu by navigating to Settings > System > Power (If you do not see a Power submenu, skip to the next step.) > System restart.

For detailed instructions, refer to this Support link: How do I resolve channel playback issues?

If you are still unable to play videos from one channel after attempting the suggestions above, videos from other channels play fine, contact the channel provider's customer support team to report the issue and get help. Channels on Roku are maintained by the channel developer themselves. In this case, there's likely an issue within that specific channel that needs to be addressed with an update from the channel developer.

Please let us know if there is anything else we can assist you with.

Regards, 
Nimfa

0 Kudos