Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Junk1

Wow, a monthly subscription required to search the web with google on my roku tv...??

Admittedly  I'm new to this game, but boy oh boy can I smell  a rat. Utter freaking junk...

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
Junk1

Re: Wow, a monthly subscription required to search the web with google on my roku tv...??

Yep, at 67 with over 30 years experience online, I ca honestly say the roku garbage  is without a doubt the very  worst technology experience.

I will be sure to pass the word to EVERYBODY I come across....

Complete **bleep**ing garbage...

0 Kudos
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Wow, a monthly subscription required to search the web with google on my roku tv...??

@Junk1 

Roku does not have a Web browser so not really sure what you are referencing about searching the Web with Google on your Roku TV.

If someone is trying to charge you for such a service, you likely stumbled upon a scam, but not from the Roku side.

Feel free to provide some more details and can possibly check into it a bit.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

0 Kudos
Strega2
Roku Guru

I’m guessing he means this app by Innwoke:

https://channelstore.roku.com/details/ca4ab07f958aac7ba468710a202bf65e/search-the-web-with-google

Which does say: “SERVICE MAY REQUIRE ADDITIONAL FEES”.  Given that, and the 1.6 stars rating, and the fact that searching the web on my TV screen doesn’t sound interesting anyway, I’m not going to test it myself.

OP – there are thousands of channel/apps on Roku.  If you don’t like one, try another. 

Banned but back. Because why not?
0 Kudos
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

@Strega2 

Good catch/find regarding that channel/app.  That makes sense. 

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

0 Kudos