Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
TheJollyRancher
Reel Rookie

Re: MAC address all zeros

Jump to solution

"I have a TCL roku tv. I've had it for about a year now, and have had no issues with it until yesterday. Went to turn it on, and it says "not connected". I try to connect it back to my wifi, and it's not finding any networks. My internet/wifi is working perfectly, and I have two other roku tvs connected to wifi, and I'm not having any issues with those either. I've done all troubleshooting through TCL, and absolutely nothing has fixed it. I've scoured to internet looking for a fix, and nothing I've tried has helped. Any ideas??"

My issue is similar, the only difference is I don't have a ROKU TV, just the ROKU by itself, plugged into my TV.  It worked fine for years and suddenly it stopped working recently.  I have tried ever general fix (unplugging, resetting, etc.), to no avail.  I know it is NOT my TV or my internet because my Firestick works perfectly on this same TV.  ROKU shows I am not connected and when I try to connect it cannot find any networks.  Amid the scanning and rescanning process for networks I see that it has "your wireless MAC address: Wi-Fi hardware missing". 

Was a fix ever found for this question back in 2021?  From what I am reading it is tailoring to the ROKU TV.  

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@TheJollyRancher, this thread is for Roku TVs which when this problem occurs most likely means there's a hardware failure in the TV that can't be easily fixed (if at all) by the average user.  You'd be better off posting in the Wi-Fi & connectivity section.  Make sure you post the model number of your Roku device displayed under Settings->System->About or written on the device.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
TheJollyRancher
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I'm sorry, I didn't realize.  I was just combing the internet for help and noticed a similar issue.  I have since found the issue to lie solely within my Roku device, as the same issue occurs when hooked up to a separate tv in a different household.  Thank you for the kind recommendation.

0 Kudos
Angel14

Jump to solution

I have fixed the issue. My 65-in TCL Roku Smart TV was not connecting to Wi-Fi and the Mac address was all zeros. I went to Target and I bought the Roku wireless device that turns any TV into a Roku TV.. I forgot what it's called but it's similar to the fire stick.. I bought the one that was around 45 bucks I believe it was.. anyways it was the wireless one.. I connected that to the TV and I watched my TV like that for a month or so before I realized I didn't need it.. because it was connected it updated my TV.. my TV wasn't working for a few years because of this issue and I refused to get rid of it. Anyways I hope this helps because previously I couldn't find anything on the internet about it. 

0 Kudos