Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AKBadBoy
Streaming Star

Re: Roku TV Screen Won't Turn On

Jump to solution

Hi Kdavis,
Unfortunately, you are more than likely right about not getting any help from Sharp or Roku. After that "magical" 1 Year Warranty expires, they wash their hands of the very people who helped their businesses grow. It is beyond me why neither of them will admit culpability in these matters. Irregardless of which is to fault, they both own what is going on because they both have their names tagged thereto. They absolutely know what is wrong when a certain set of circumstances presents itself and the televisions quit working, but I have searched high and low to no avail to try and find an online blog or "help" website that says "If such and such happened, the most likely reason is this." To compound things even further, their are several different boards used in sync so you can't, for instance, just order a "main board for a Sharp/Roku 58" TV" and expect it to work.

Gone are the days when Sharp and other like companies take pride in the products they put in front of customers. In 1979 Sharp set up the Sharp Manufacturing Company of America to create a manufacturing base in the U.S. However, as of January 2019, all Sharp brand TVs sold in the United States are made by Chinese manufacturing company Hisense. Why would such a foreign company have any pride in the product they put in front of those of us in the U.S.? I think by now, we all know the answer to that question.

johnvan

No picture with cable I get sound no picture

Jump to solution

My tv was working one day and then no picture the next day. I get sound but no picture.

RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: No picture with cable I get sound no picture

Jump to solution

@johnvan 

Thanks for the post.

Some customers reported that after they unplugged their TV for 5-10 minutes, they were able to resolve their issue. Have you tried that to see if it solves what you are seeing?

If the issue is still not resolved, please contact your TV's manufacturer directly to report this issue and request additional support. Each Roku TV manufacturer provides direct support and warranty services for their products running the Roku OS. 

For a list of Roku TV manufacturers contact information, visit our Community post here: Contacting Support for Your Roku TV

Please keep us posted what you find out.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Mark131

Jump to solution

Was watching my two year old Roku/sharp tv and it went off...then started flashing the sharp roku tv start screen on and off...responded to sharp..when I did get a reply was sent on a wild goose chase thru sharp to hisense ( apparently a sharp knockoff) back to sharp and then no reply or answer. Roku may be decent but to align with sharp is apparently going  to be one of their stupid mistakes. Will not purchase any other Roku or sharp TV products.

AKBadBoy
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

Hey Mark,
My 58" Sharp/Roku television went completely dead while I was watching it, never to work again, literally ONE MONTH AFTER THE ONE YEAR WARRANTY. Still unbeknownst to me as to why, when I looked at my receipt to check the exact day I bought the TV, I saw the $40 charge for an extended 3 Year Warranty. Obviously, I was both upset when I saw the date and happily surprised when I saw the warranty. I must say that dealing with SquareTrade (a company within Allstate Insurance who handles such claims) was a very seamless and easy claims process, and I received the check for the cost of the dead television 3 days later. That all being said, I still feel the sting of the entire circumstance.

I had contacted Sharp (good luck trying to find a way to connect with anyone at Roku), and was told that since the 1 year warranty had expired, I was out of luck. I have posted this before, but it needs repeating because this type of treatment is wrong on every level. Gone are the days when Sharp and other like companies took pride in the products they put in front of customers. In 1979 Sharp set up the Sharp Manufacturing Company of America to create a manufacturing base in the U.S. However, as of January 2019, all Sharp brand TVs sold in the United States are made by Chinese manufacturing company Hisense (thus your reference to that company). Why would such a foreign company have any pride in the product they put in front of those of us in the U.S.? I think by now, we all know the answer to that question.

Tripstor
Reel Rookie

Re: After Roku device activates TV goes black with audio on

Jump to solution

I have the same issue with my 55" 2019 6 series tv on 9.4 update. Ridiculous

RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: After Roku device activates TV goes black with audio on

Jump to solution

@Tripstor 

Thanks for the post.

Some customers reported that after they unplugged their TV for 5-10 minutes, they were able to resolve their issue. Have you tried that to see if it solves what you are seeing?

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
BigAl007

Black screen no sound

Jump to solution

I flipped my cercuit breaker on my house and when my Roku tv turned back on I only had sound with no picture. Screen is slightly lit blue. With my attena plugged in I am able to hear the channel but no picture. I’ve tried the push home button 5 times up button 1 time rewind 2 t times fast forward 2 times I also tried unplugging it for 30 seconds and again for 60 seconds but still the same. What is next to try.?

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Black screen no sound

Jump to solution

@BigAl007 

Thanks for the post.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Ryan12345

Jump to solution

Did you figure out he issue?  I also just replaced the psu and didn’t fix it.