Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
manbundown
Reel Rookie

Re: Roku TV Screen Won't Turn On

Jump to solution

If the lcd is good, and shipping wouldn't be too much, could I get it from you?

InkNotMink

Jump to solution

I wish i had read this before buying tv, same issue. 58". Was watching, paused to do something came back a minute later black screen. Tried all the resets etc nothing. TV less than 2 years old.

RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hello @InkNotMink

We do apologize for the inconvenience this has caused you.

Each Roku TV manufacturer provides direct support and warranty services for their products running the Roku OS. We would recommend reaching out to the TV manufacturer's customer support team to report the issue and for further help.

For a list of Roku TV manufacturers contact information, visit our Community post here: Contacting Support for Your Roku TV

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
lynmyke
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I just want to go on record that my 58 inch Hisense TV I purchased from Walmart in November 2019 has the same problem.  Luckily I purchased the 3 year protection plan and I just got off the phone with Allstate and they are giving me the value of the TV on a Walmart gift card.  

And I will NOT be purchasing another Hisense.  

AKBadBoy
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

Hello KRJ,
Sorry to hear of your problems that so many of us have experienced. LET ME MAKE ONE THING REALLY CLEAR - I AM NOT A ROKU EMPLOYEE NOR AN EMPLOYEE OF ANY TELEVISION MAKER. I am a FF/Medic who got caught up in this shoddy workmanship mess like everyone else. (And yes, ROKU's attempt at deflecting the problem by telling customers to call the TV manufacturer for help has irritated more than a few of those customers. I find it interesting that they never come right out and say "Hey! This is not our problem as we only provide software!")

Unfortunately, many of today's TVs are made in China at the Hisense manufacturer plant and they don't give a rat's behind about what Americans think. Some say it's a ROKU problem (software maker/provider), some say that it's the fault of the electronics (lights, power boards, main boards) that are the guts of the TVs. I began exploring the issue of TVs made by Hisense two years ago when my 58" Sharp went belly-up literally 1 month after the 1 Year Warranty expired, and I have spent a lot of time posting on this ROKU blog since. 

One thing that I did find interesting is that Hisense has a plant in Suwanee, GA right here in the USA, and has been making televisions for years, though it's a bit hard to discern if any of those are the same as the China manufacturing plant makes (such as Sharp, etc.) or not. Other than the name, I've not seen any connection between the two but if someone else has different info, they can speak to that. This is a quote from the Hisense USA website:

HISENSE USA's MISSION AND VISION.

Mission:

To improve consumers lives and add value to partners by developing high-quality, innovative and affordable products while also committing to exceed expectations and deliver results in the United States.

Vision:

To become the most trusted company and loved brand in the U.S. Consumer Electronic and Home Appliance industries by offering solutions that customers desire. We also strive to be a company that everyone wants to work for in the U.S.." End quote. (If you want to read more on Hisense USA or to contact them, just do a simple search under that exact heading and it will take you to their website.)

This is not to say that the American plant is responsible for the televisions that are giving up the ghost before their time. For instance, the last time I checked, all of the Sharp televisions sold in the US are made at the China Hisense facility. However, I've said this once but it bears repeating - Regardless of who is at fault for all of these televisions going out a few months after the 1 Year Warranty expires, the makers of the components and those adding the software know that answer. And if I shared my brand name with the guilty party, I would be raising all kinds of heck and letting them know that they need to rectify the problem. That being said, does the "innocent party" in all of this see it as a "cash cow" for them as well? I have my own opinion on that but I've tried hard to stick to the facts. So, unless something has changed in the past month or two, if that 1 Year Warranty has expired and you didn't purchase an extended warranty plan, you will be told that there is nothing they can do for you. Very sad, but true as I'm sure you are aware.

Be well, KJR.

Jump to solution

9-24-2021. Just got off the phone with a rep and I've never felt so disappointed in a product until tonight. I understand if my warranty is expired but not having other options is just unacceptable and should be addressed. NO ONE SHOULD EVER PURCHASE THIS PRODUCT!!!!. I will continue ranting via Twitter/FB. This is a rip-off.

AKBadBoy
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

Hello manbundown,
Unfortunately, I gave my dead 58" Sharp television to a repair shop who put used and broken TVs back together and give them to those that can't afford to buy one. Besides that, I live in Alaska where shipping anything to anywhere is usually not cost effective. 

Be well, manbundown.

0 Kudos
luklaus

Jump to solution

I sent them a short message when I got the sad news. It wasn't nice and I included a picture.

Listen I bought a power supply board from ebay for 32 bucks and it's working again. They didn't even offer advice to repair. Just type in the model number on ebay search and somebody somewhere is selling a p/s board. Good Luck

Tags (1)
Bmorr

Re: Sharp 58 inch Roku TV Screen Won't Turn On

Jump to solution

I am having this issue with the 32” ONN roku tv! It’s only 9 days old! I was watching tv and it just went off! And I can’t get it to come back on! Contacted the costumer service and they walked me through trouble shooting and and nothing worked! They said that their support team would email me and this was a top priority! I am beyond **bleep**ing pissed! If anyone has any suggestions please help me! 

0 Kudos
IT_Eric

Re: Why won't my Roku TV screen turn on?

Jump to solution

I have the same problem and same tv. Bought a power supply before checking this which I now regret. What I find even shadier tho… a few months back, Roku servers went down completely shutting off TVs because they couldn’t connect to the service. Couldn’t even turn them back on until the service was up. I find it odd that a number of seemingly capable people have replaced ALL tv components with no success. And on top of that, everyone’s tv seems to go out after the same time window. I sincerely hope this doesn’t extend past poor quality into more scandalous dealings by this company. You clearly have the power to basically bring down TVs remotely. Anyway, never buying Sharp or Roku again. 

0 Kudos