Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
StevenCee
Roku Guru

Re: Why is the picture so dark, when viewing via the website?

@RokuCarly  Not sure why a video would add anything, or clarify what the issue is. I've posted a pic or two of the dark screen, and I don't know why you aren't seeing the lack of the play/pause button, as I just played a show now, on a different computer, different browser, and sure enough, not play/pause button.
Now, it's obvious not every issue is universal, as some people have different OS builds, and some are part of Roku testing experiments, etc.
I have OS 13.1.4, build 1510-88 on my Roku TV, however, this issue is only occurring on my computers, when streaming the Roku channel, and there isn't really a way to know what OS is being used, as it's not an app, but a website doing the streaming.

And there's no issue with a dark picture, or lack of controls (mainly because I use the remote), on my TV, just when streamed via the website.

0 Kudos
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

@StevenCee 

Thanks for responding. 

The Play/Pause option will be hidden after a few seconds of inactivity while streaming through the website on your PC. If you move the mouse on your PC, does it re-appear? 

To clarify, regarding the dark screen when streaming, it actually depends on the movie or show and how they produce their resolution. Do you mean the screen turns black in the middle of streaming, or is it already dark from the beginning of the movie or show?

I have requested a short video clip of the issue occurring as I have already attempted to reproduce it on my end (via The Roku Channel website) and found no discrepancies in any of the shows.

Regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
StevenCee
Roku Guru

@RokuCarly  The play/pause button should be showing up when I click on the screen, or the volume, etc, but it never shows up!  It's just not showing, whether on my iMac or Macbook Pro...
As for the darkness, it's just dark, it's not like it starts out ok, then turns dark. Sometimes it will be lit as it should, for a few seconds or sometimes for a few minutes, but then looks dark again.  And since you can't recreate it, my sending you a video won't change anything. It's apparently some kind of glitch, whether it's Roku, or Apple, or who knows what...

0 Kudos
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi, @StevenCee.

Thanks for the clarification. Please keep an eye on your inbox, as I will contact you via PM to gather the necessary details.

I will ensure that this matter is promptly coordinated with the appropriate team for a thorough investigation. If any updates are provided by the team, they will be communicated to you promptly.

In the meantime, your continuous patience and understanding as we work on this are highly appreciated.

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.