Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Lauren00
Channel Surfer

VUDU will not stop popping up

Please help!!! My roku tv keeps opening the vudu app.

j have hbu stalled the app, I have changed my batteries, I have unplugged and plugged in my tv, I have tried basically everything I have seen, how can this be fixed

12 REPLIES 12
Z06
Roku Guru

Re: VUDU will not stop popping up

Does your remote have the Vudu button on it? Have you tried removing the Vudu channel? Who is the manufacturer of your Roku TV and what model is it?

0 Kudos
Lauren00
Channel Surfer

It does and the remote is clean. The manufacturer is Hisense, the channel is removed it keeps taking me to the page where I can download it or add the app. I am it is an LED LCD TV

Lauren00
Channel Surfer

Sorry for my typos, I uninstalled the app

Lauren00
Channel Surfer

It does and the remote is clean. The manufacturer is Hisense, the channel is removed it keeps taking me to the page where I can download it or add the app. I am it is an LED LCD TV @Z06 

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

If your remote has a Vudu button and your Roku keeps going to Vudu obviously the button is stuck.  Does it happen if you remove the batteries from your remote?  You can always use the Roku app on your phone/tablet as a remote, take the remote apart to try to fix it, get a new remote, or rip the button out.

If your Hisense TV is still under warranty you should contact them for a replacement remote.

Where can I get support for my Roku TV™? | Official Roku Support

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
Lauren00
Channel Surfer

It actually isn’t. I have two remotes, one I ordered from Amazon and the one that it came with. It doesn’t matter what one I use VuDu keeps opening, my tv will turn on and open VuDu even when I’m not near the remote. I’ve removed and changed batteries, the button is not stuck. I have cleaned around it as well to ensure that isn’t the problem

0 Kudos
Z06
Roku Guru

@Lauren00  Do you have other Roku TVs or Roku devices in your home? I find it kind of odd that both remotes do the same thing. Remove the batteries from both remotes. Then use just The official Roku remote control app for your phone. See what happens. The remote you got from Amazon what kind of remote is it? Basically take the remotes out of the picture. Does the problem still occur? If the problem does not occur then add one remote. Start with the Remote that came with your Roku TV. If nothing happens then add the second remote you got from Amazon. 

0 Kudos
Toddwrtr
Roku Guru

Have you tried turning on the TV using the TV's power button with the batteries removed from both remotes?

0 Kudos
VikkiBrook

Same thing is happening to me right now..

I *know* what you're talking about  Vudu just literally took over my tv just like it did yours. . .

All the troubleshooting in the world isn't doing anything to a device that you're not in control of; the only prompt working on mine is Power, and it follows that command at random.

Did you ever resolve this?? + HOW??😁