Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using HDMI (EArc) and other HDMI Plugs on Roku TV

Jump to solution

Can you confirm that when adding Dish TV to the TV, I should use either HDMI #2, #3 or #4. And that I should use HDMI (Earc) for only the sound bar? I plan to buy your sound bar for 5.1. 

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Using HDMI (EArc) and other HDMI Plugs on Roku TV

Jump to solution

Welcome to the Roku Community, @David_Moore!

Thanks for reaching out. We'd be happy to share further information about this. 

Yes. You should plug your Dish TV into the HDMI port of your Roku TV and you should use the HDMI (eARC) port to plug in your Roku soundbar. 

To help you learn more, you may check this support article related to this: How to connect a surround sound system to your Roku TV™

Feel free to reach out if there's anything else we can assist you with. Hope this helps!

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Using HDMI (EArc) and other HDMI Plugs on Roku TV

Jump to solution

Welcome to the Roku Community, @David_Moore!

Thanks for reaching out. We'd be happy to share further information about this. 

Yes. You should plug your Dish TV into the HDMI port of your Roku TV and you should use the HDMI (eARC) port to plug in your Roku soundbar. 

To help you learn more, you may check this support article related to this: How to connect a surround sound system to your Roku TV™

Feel free to reach out if there's anything else we can assist you with. Hope this helps!

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.