Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
indigowulf

Update 12.5 disconnected my tv from my computer, cannot reconnect

I was browsing the web using my computer and my roku tv as the monitor. Suddenly, the tv went to the home screen and my computer screens condensed onto my 2nd monitor (the small one). The tv said it was updating. Once it was done, it was no longer connected to my PC. Nothing has allowed me to reconnect them. I've tried power cycling, swapping the HDMI port with the other monitor (confirming both hdmi ports are working fine) but nothing. I'm not using wifi, it's a direct connection, so wifi is NOT the issue here. It was working just fine before this update (which happened during use, didn't ask me if I wanted to update or anything.. rude). Now my settings say there is no 2nd monitor no matter what I do. 

Insignia mode NS-43DR620NA18 update 12.5.0 build 4176-31

The "support contact" that the tv has under the system info screen just leads me to best buy. Waiting to see if they can help, but no response yet.

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
indigowulf

Re: Update 12.5 disconnected my tv from my computer, cannot reconnect

So, just got off the chat with geek squad. they wanna charge me to send someone to my house to look at it. Their update broke my tv and they want me to pay them to fix it, what is this, some sort of mafia shakedown? I said no and I'm hoping I can get help here or they drop a patch or something. 

I even factory reset the darn thing and it still had the latest update installed, so that was no use.

0 Kudos
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @indigowulf,

Welcome to the Roku Community!

We'd like to help you out and to better understand we'll need more details. Please share with us the details below.

• Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About) 
  • Computer brand/model and software version

Once we have this information available we'll be able to flag the appropriate Roku team about this.

Regards,

Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
goodshot
Channel Surfer

I am having the same problem.

https://community.roku.com/t5/Discussions/TCL-65S401-PC-HDMI-No-Signal/td-p/942146

TCL Model 65S401

Hardware ID 7113X

Software Version 12.5.5 build 4174-30

Problem: My TV will no longer display a PC connected to HDMI Port 2 only displaying 'No Signal (is it on?)'

Context: I have had this PC-to-TV connection functioning for over a year with no issues. I have checked everything in Windows 11 and Nvidia control panel. My PC detects the TV just fine. I have moved all of the ports around. The TV displays a chromecast on port 3 fine. I have factory reset the TV.

I took an LG tv and plugged it in to the same HDMI cable to rule out the cable and PC and the LG displayed the PC input immediately with no issues. So it is not a problem on the input side.

Reading historical issues with these kinds of TVs it certainly seems like a software update broke this input connection somehow which is really really frustrating. I have spent hours troubleshooting this issue from every angle and the only one I don't have control over is bad TV software that updates automatically.

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.