Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jm30003

Unable to install new channels on brand new TCL ROKU TV due to "storage" issue

I have recently purchased a new TCL Roku TV. 

Upon unboxing and setting up the TV I was only able to install two channels (NOW TV + BT SPORT). Each time I try to install new channels I get an error message which states that there is insufficient storage. 

I have tried:

• Removing all channels and reinstalling.
  • System/factory resetting the TV.
  • Clearing cache.

Is this a hardware fault with the TV?

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Unable to install new channels on brand new TCL ROKU TV due to "storage" issue

Sometimes there's something about the Roku account that you're linking the device to that's causing a problem.  Assuming you already had a Roku account and you're linking the TV to that existing account you might want to try to create a new Roku account and link to that to see what happens.  I assume you're in the UK given the channels you mentioned.  If you somehow created a US account (often through no fault of your own), that can cause issues, although I don't think insufficient storage is one of them.  Also, if you imported the TV that could be an issue.

If it's a new account and you're having that problem it may be best to return the TV.  I don't have much patience with brand new devices that don't work properly.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos