Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Vwgup

Tv lost all apps and can’t get to settings to reconnect wifi

Turned on the tv this morning and have nothing but rokutv and the time everything else is gone can’t get to settings or anything else remote has new batteries tried factory reset still nothing

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Tv lost all apps and can’t get to settings to reconnect wifi

When you factory reset it, were you back to the "Let's get started" screen?  If not, I'd say your factory reset wasn't successful.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Tv lost all apps and can’t get to settings to reconnect wifi

Also be aware that if you factory reset and you are using WiFi to connect the TV, you can NOT complete setup without a working remote. A Roku TV can use an IR remote, but not one that works for Roku players. They use two different IR code sets. 

If you can connect your TV to your network with an Ethernet cable, you could use the Roku app on a phone or tablet to complete the setup, since the app can talk to the TV over your network. But you can't connect your TV to WiFi without a working remote. 

What brand of Roku TV do you have? Sometimes you can use a different brand of remote. For example, I could control my Sharp Roku TV with a Vizio TV remote.

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.