Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
blanc
Reel Rookie

Trouble with Wii video appearing on AV input

I used a 3 RCA to AV Input Adapater cable to connect my Wii to my 75” Hisense Roku tv. Every cable is connected where it should be but when I click onto the AV input, the audio seems to work but the video is the only thing that doesn’t seem to work.

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
Strega2
Roku Guru

Re: Trouble with Wii video appearing on AV input

I would suspect the adapter first.  I assume it is a composite video to HDMI adapter? (Or if not, what is it?)  Do you have a link to the adapter?

Banned but back. Because why not?
0 Kudos
blanc
Reel Rookie

This is the link Video AV Component Adapter Cable Replacement for TCL TV, 3 RCA to AV Input Adapter - 23CM/9in https://a.co/d/32M5JsA

0 Kudos
Strega2
Roku Guru

Oh interesting.  I’ve never seen that particular style of adapter.  Are you sure the TV has an input for that?  I ask because the description is quite specific about TCL TVs.

Oh and I found these on the Amazon page:

“No it won’t work with Hisense televisions. This adapter was specifically designed to function with TCL branded TVs.”

And

“I tried it with a Hisense U8H tv --it DOES NOT WORK.

The Hisense tv uses a plug about 1/8 inch longer than this one (enough for another ring but has a double-wide ring at the base) and is wired differently. It was harder to locate one made for Hisense.”

Banned but back. Because why not?
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.