Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bipbop13
Channel Surfer

The past 7-10 days, Roku TV has started lagging and buffering.

Hello, this might be an old subject, but I had to write. I have a 3-month-old Roku brand TV. It was working perfectly until 7–10 days ago. Now it's lagging & buffering. Apps will buffer, and when I use the live & Roku TV option, the channel will say what's on, but I have to wait 5–10 seconds more for the picture to show up.

Now I tried everything from resets to secret menus, resetting my wireless, checking my wireless connection. Everything mentioned in tips & tricks from the Roku site to YouTube. Nothing worked.

Today, I asked my downstairs neighbor who has an older Roku stick, and he said he's having the exact same problem, so I'm not crazy. Some recent Roku update must be the culprit, and I'd like to know first if they even know about it, and second, when they plan on fixing this? Thanks in advance for any replies and/or info.

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: The past 7-10 days, Roku TV has started lagging and buffering.

Hi @bipbop13,

Greetings from the Roku Community!

Thanks for letting us know about the behavior you've experienced with your Roku TV and the steps you took to resolve the issue.

In this case, we recommend you do a manual update for troubleshooting purposes by following these steps:

1. Press Home on your Roku remote.
  2. Scroll and select Settings.
  3. Select System.
  4. Select Software update.
  5. Select Check Now to manually check for updates.

For more detailed information, visit our Support article on updating the software on your Roku streaming device.

Note: Please restart the system after the manual update by navigating to Settings > System > Power > System restart (if you do not see a Power submenu, skip to the next step).

If the issue persists, please provide your device serial number. This information can be found on the back of the device or by navigating to Settings System About.

We look forward to hearing from you and looking closely into this issue.

All the best,
Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
bipbop13
Channel Surfer

Hello, The 5-10 second delays happen with Roku channels, when I'm changing them. The apps like Tubi & Pluto buffer before showing the main menu.

Model #43R4AX, Hardware ID-G845X, Serial Number-X01200WK6PDE, Software Version-13.1.4-Build 1512ET, Device ID-SONR43CK6PDE.

Live TV-The Roku Channels, Tubi Version 3.3-Build 4, Plex Version 7.25-Build 14, Fandango At Home Version 1.2 Build 9, Roku Channel Version 9.3 Build 10, Prime Video Version 15.3 Build 2024082810, Freevee Version 1.2 Build 1800

Issue Report Tracker ID-DE-377-137

0 Kudos
RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Thanks for the response, @bipbop13.

In this case, we recommend following the troubleshooting steps below to see if they help resolve the problem.

1. Uninstall the channel by highlighting it, pressing the * button, and selecting "remove."
  2. Clear cache and data: From the Roku home screen, navigate to Settings > System > Advanced system settings > Network connection reset. Choose "Reset connection" and then-
  3. Restart your Roku device by unplugging your TV and then plugging it back in. This step can help clear any temporary cache or data-causing issues.
  4. Check your internet connection: Ensure that your Roku device is connected to a stable internet connection. You can test your internet connection by going to Settings > Network > Check connection on your Roku device. If your connection is weak or unstable, try restarting your router or contacting your internet service provider for assistance.
  5. You can reinstall the channel by pressing the home button on your Roku remote, scrolling, selecting "Store," and then adding the channel.

For more detailed information, visit our Support article on resolving a channel playback issue.

Please keep us posted on what you find out, and we'll continue assisting you from there.

All the best,
Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
bipbop13
Channel Surfer

I've done most of the & none of them work. I still think it's an update glitch on Roku's end, because, as I've stated before, my neighbor has the exact same problems & we do not share wifi.

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.