Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jeff1234
Reel Rookie

The email stating 40% off Roku Express is a scam. You only get $5.00 off.

You go through the process of buying it for what should be $12.00 and you only get $5.00 off. Also there is no telephone number or email support to inquire. I don't feel good about paying for something where I can't talk to someone if there is a problem. 

0 Kudos
8 REPLIES 8
RokuJanadeeK
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: The email stating 40% off Roku Express is a scam. You only get $5.00 off.

Hi @jeff1234,

Thanks for bringing this to our attention.

Rest assured, we have collected and passed along your details to the appropriate support team for further assistance.

Kindly keep an eye on your email inbox.

Regards,
Janadee

Nadee K.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
jeff1234
Reel Rookie

It worked. I just placed my order and it went through. Thanks!

0 Kudos
hockeyham
Reel Rookie

There was an ad on my Roku just now touting 40% off but when I attempted to look into it, I get taken to the Roku channel and no info on the deal is anywhere to be found.

0 Kudos
RokuJharra-Q
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hey there, @hockeyham! Thanks for giving us the heads-up! 

We'd love to help you out, but we need a bit more info to get started. Can you please share some more details with us and snap a quick picture of the ad? We'll take it from there!

We look forward to hearing from you and looking closely into this issue.

Thanks,
Jharra

Jharra Q.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
pricepv
Reel Rookie

This is the email I got:      

Phillip, This 40% off deal is just for you

Roku <roku@email.roku.com> 

Unsubscribe
Thu, Apr 4, 4:51 PM (2 days ago)

to me

I received  no 40 and no dollars off.  Sent an email to cancel.  Next email from Roku,your order shipped @ full price.  This is a scam.  
Tried to cancel through the post office and Roku.  No luck.   I will mail the product back.  

Shop Products     |     Deals     |     What to Watch

Offer ends 04/12. Don’t miss out

Choose your player

You’ve been hand-picked to save on the Roku Player of choice.

0 Kudos
hockeyham
Reel Rookie

I've not seen the ad on my device since I reported it. It may have already been removed. If I see it I'll screenshot it and send it

0 Kudos
pricepv
Reel Rookie

Follow up on a previous 'reply' in this line of discussion. Last night during the final 4 game, a representative of Roku called.   The person said that the ads are  real and the offer is real.  However she said Roku has experienced difficulty in the functionality of the ad giving the discount.  I will be receiving my Roku device with a 40% discount and consistent with the tems of the ad.    I had figured out that the ad was not an outside of Roku scan because the email had the same content as the pop-up on the TV when I entered Roku.    I am happy with the result and hope to happy with the streaming device upgrade.   Thanks Roku. 

pricepv 

hockeyham
Reel Rookie

Yeah the ad seemed sketchy because all it would do is take me to Roku channel and not show any offers. I'll keep looking for it when I get home. I'd like to get a stick at the discount 😁

0 Kudos