cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mfisher515
Channel Surfer

Re: TV volume changes on its own with Roku ultra and 4K streaming sticks

Jump to solution

I've not run into the volume issue in the past 2 days since updating, however experiencing full system lock-up very often since. If it's not one Roku problem, it's another sadly.

popee
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

It still is happening.

RokuNimfa-C
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @popee

Thanks for reaching out to the Roku Community. 

We need more information for us to assist you further. Can you please specify the issue you are experiencing? Does the issue only occur when streaming on a specific channel or all channels on your Roku device? What troubleshooting steps have you already taken to try to resolve the issue?

Keep us posted with the details. 

Regards, 
Nimfa

0 Kudos
popee
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Volume spikes and reductions occur on most channels but mainly on Fox, CNBC and local Philadelphia stations.  A return to normal is obtained if I advance a channel and then return to the channel having difficulty.

popee

0 Kudos
QueueUnderflow
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Yep, just happened for me on software version 12.0.0 (build 4178).

0 Kudos
Bonsler
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

I was hoping that the 12.0 update would solve the problem but it sounds like it didn't. 

popee
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

This morning, 05/01/2023 at 7:30 am on CNN, the sound disappeared 3 times.     ?????????

popee

Jump to solution

I'm having the same exact problem!!!!!! In the Xfinity app as well have to exit out go back and change channels to control TV volume!!!!  Can someone give us a fix for these problems??? Help!

mfisher515
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

The latest system update caused the volume spikes to return for me. Please dedicate some IT folks at Roku to resolve this problem!!!

0 Kudos
bob2143

Jump to solution

We have had this problem of very loud bursts of sound for some time on two different units.  All channels, random times, turning off and restarting the Roku unit is the only solution.  It would seem that there has been enough info posted to give Roku a picture of the problem.  It would be interesting to hear a technical explanation of just what is going on.   And, of course, a solution!!

0 Kudos