Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jpeckham

TV speakers sound like they are playing surround sound

I just got a new Onn Roku TV (model 100012585), and the audio on all apps make the background noises louder that any speech. Specifically during sports games, the commentary is very quiet compared to the other noises that sound muffled (but still loud). It sounds like the type of sound you would hear from a surround sound system, but I have no secondary audio devices (literally just the power chord plugged in). 

I have called twice, done factory resets, changed sound settings and sound modes, to no avail. 

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
RokuEmmanuel-D
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: TV speakers sound like they are playing surround sound

Greetings from the Roku Community, @jpeckham!

We noticed you're encountering an audio issue with your Onn Roku TV. Rest assured that we're here to take a closer look at it. 

Could you please let us know about...

• When did you first notice this issue? 
  • Have you received any recent software updates? If so, could you please provide the latest version of your software? It can be found in Settings > System > About
  • We would also appreciate if you could provide a photo of the incident. 

We are waiting for your prompt response. 

All the best,
Emman

Emmanuel-D.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.