Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
itchyrichy

TV/remote control freezes when playing Dolby Atmos content through soundbar

Hello! My TV is a JVC (I know) LT-55MAW804 that I have used daily since May of 2022. This TV has been connected to an older Yamaha ATS-1070 soundbar using eARC/CEC with no issues. I recently tried to upgrade the soundbar to one that supports Dolby Atmos - a Denon DHT-S217.

If I connect the Denon soundbar using the exact same HDMI cables & ports as the Yamaha soundbar my TV remote will freeze if I attempt to watch anything with Dolby Atmos (ie: a Ultra-BluRay disc or streaming from a service such as Paramount+). The only way I can control my TV again is to kill power to the TV from my surge protector. The freezing situation does not happen when I use my old Yamaha soundbar that does not support Dolby Atmos (just Dolby DTS).

At first I thought it was the soundbar however I have my 7 year old Philips TV still in the house and if I put that back on the stand and try both the old and new soundbars everything works as it should. 

I have checked the TV's Roku software for any updates and it is up to date as of this morning. I sent JVC an email asking for help but have yet to hear back.

Is anyone else seeing similar freezing of the remote/TV in a situation like this? Thank you!

0 Kudos