Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Kaz1015
Reel Rookie

TV not allowing for 120 hz even with hdmi 2.1

I recently bought an Onn 4k QLED UHD smart TV that claims to have a refresh rate of 120hz so I could play games at 120 fps on my new PS5, but when I set it all up and checked my settings on my ps5 it said 60hz was the max, The HDMI that I have is HDMI 2.1 and I tried multiple HDMI ports so I'm at a loss

6 REPLIES 6
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: TV not allowing for 120 hz even with hdmi 2.1

@Kaz1015

Thanks for the post.

For clarification, is the Onn 4K TV a Roku TV?

With more detailed information, we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Kaz1015
Reel Rookie

Yes it is a roku TV, and I emailed Onn about it, they stopped responding, so I actually just called earlier, The guy had me restart my TV, and when that didn't work he put me on hold for 10 minutes then claimed I'd get a call back within an hour, but it's been six hours, and nothing, I'm most likely going to try to return it, I'm quite fed up at this point

Gabe69

I have the same issue. Not sure what to do to fix it. I didn't have time to return and now I'm stuck with the tv...if only someone can figure out a solution to get 120hz for gaming on this tv!!!

m2mclin

I have the same issue. I feel as if they’re labeling the tv 120 hz is scam. It feels like a giant waste of money. On the back of the tv it states it can run 120hz, but every time I check it says it’s at 60hz. Very disappointed in my purchase. 

TSMX41

I have the same problem, I have the Onn 70inc “120hz” but with a Xbox Series X and I tell me the same thing that my tv doesn’t supper 120hz and I do have a 2.1 hdmi cable so it could be a setting with the tv or a update that we need to do to have the 120hz ?

0 Kudos

Just realized mine says 120 in big font and "perfect motion rate" in fine print. It's to mislead you into thinking you're getting 120 fps or 120hz but what you're really getting is scammed. 

0 Kudos