Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
denhamspringsla
Channel Surfer

Re: Live TV Channel Guide Possible to Default to Favorites?

Jump to solution

i figured it was something hidden like updates and such.  I AM WITH frink ON THIS.  why, o why would someone replace the channels you have gone through and allllll the trouble to identify as MY favorite stations to watch disregard my preferences with having to even see alllllllllllllll channels.  it actually turns my stomach and makes me feel nauseous.  WHY? O WHY?

now lets imagine one left clicks and THEN choose to see what i've already deemed as favorite (WHICH IS ALLLLLLLLLLLLLL I WANT TO SEEEEEEEEEEE) somewhere roku programming does not include all what you have previously deemed to be favorite (would we all agree there is approx 700 channels through to ORIGINALLY select favorites). 

ROKU LIVE has gone to basket helltown.  and in such an egregious manner. 

BkfAZ
Channel Surfer

Re: filter option missing from the channel options menu

Jump to solution

8/13/2022: My (Hisense 58R6E3 TV) OTA "ALL channels" guide far left menu suddenly changed to include "Recents" and "Favorites". I don't want to scroll thru favorites (mine is empty) or Recents. The * Channel options "Filter" is missing - so I can't select "ALL channels" (only). My (Hisense 43R6090G5 TV) works and shows the "Filter" option "ALL channels" correctly.

dcathome
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

Lianna
Auto Favorites? Recent Channels? We were asking why the Filter option to view Favorite Channels has been removed. When in Favorites it will not channel up or down with the selected favorite channels. It goes to the next channel in the full list and the guide reverts to “All Channels” every time channels are changed. Where is the selection to Manage Channels by Favorites? The work around posted to hide all of the non favorite channels isn't an option if you have pages of streaming channels.
Thanks
Don

bpbritt

Jump to solution

Hello! You did not answer the question. When I try to go to change live TV channel guide to only show recent or favorite channels, the option box of recent or favorite channels does not exist. Is this a software update that should be here, but has not arrived? It is impossible to change something that does not exist with the current unupdated non-choices. Ben

BkfAZ
Channel Surfer

Re: TV guide suddenly changed

Jump to solution

Yes - the mystery continues. Here is my recent related post in Roku Community>Roku Player Support>Channel Issues & Questions Re: filter option missing from the channel options:

BkfAZ Sunday Re: filter option missing from the channel options menu
8/13/2022: My (Hisense 58R6E3 TV) OTA "ALL channels" guide far left menu suddenly changed to include "Recents" and "Favorites". I don't want to scroll thru favorites (mine is empty) or Recents. The * Channel options "Filter" is missing - so I can't select "ALL channels" (only). My (Hisense 43R6090G5 TV) works and shows the "Filter" option "ALL channels" correctly.

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hey @Mr-E @BkfAZ

Thanks for bringing this to our attention.

Please provide us with the following information for further investigation:

1. Roku device model, Serial number, Device ID, Software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
  2. Tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times, and provide us with this ID)
  3. Steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing

With more information, we will be able to assist you further.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
Mr-E
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

Roku TV- D803X
ONN model- 100018254
Serial number- X00700VMF9F3
Software version- 11.0.0 build 4193-C4
Device ID- S06F407MF9F3

issue ID- F3-328161

Happens all the time, normal press of the left arrow button brings up TV guide, but with a new sidebar on the left that lumps everything into categories. No way to disable the sidebar or remove categories.

This started around mid July to early August. I have read that Roku "upgraded" the TV guide recently. 

BkfAZ
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Roku TV - C232X
Hisense model - 58R6+
Serial number - X00100YNEFTS
Software version - 11.0.0 build 4193-94
Device ID - S01MH0CNEFTS 

Issue ID - TS-328-196

Constant/static issue since 8/13/2022.

0 Kudos
mGol
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

The link provided has out of date information on how the guide works and looks.  Now the guide shows channels even for streaming channels that have been marked as hidden.   I setup my elderly parents TV originally to just show the channels they wanted using the favorites menu.  Now they are so frustrated with it they would like to get a non-Roku TV.  The only choice right now that makes it work for them is the hide all streaming channels.  They lose the 5-10 streaming channels they like as a result.  This needs to be addressed or there will be 5 TVs that get replaced. Them and our household will never go back to Roku again.

Mr-E
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

Found a temporary workaround on my TV until they ditch the categories. Probably won't ever happen, since programmers now INSIST on mandatory ordered chaos on ANY device that plays media.

On my TV, after selecting "all channels", the order of scrolling seems to be OTA-Streaming-categories.

As long as I select "all channels", I can avoid the categories by scrolling from the lowest OTA to the highest streaming channel and stopping. 

But if trying to go backwards from 2.1 to 1035, or forward from 1035 to 2.1, the dreaded categories will need to be scrolled through! 

0 Kudos