Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
amellodee

How can I get just My Favorite channels back?

Jump to solution

During the last month, the channel guide changed from being able to choose select channels in a group, to "all channels" today. Other discussions have addressed this change and the original poster has prohibited those of us who WANT 'favorite channels' or 'recent channels' from joining the discussion. Can you bring back the original where you have a CHOICE? It's a waste of time having to scroll through all channels to find the select few I actually watch (plus I do not remember the channel numbers). It would be different if the remote actually had a way to key in channel numbers, but as is, it is frustrating!! Allow us a choice, please!

Joseph3
Streaming Star

Re: Favorite channels suddenly stopped working

Jump to solution

Yeah, I was quite pleased with the new channel lineup that appeared rather recently.  The channels were grouped by Favorite, Sports, News, All, etc. Now, that lineup has disappeared and it's back to the old total list.

mGol
Streaming Star

Re: filter option missing from the channel options menu

Jump to solution

I cancelled too soon.  While it appears the filter options are back the selection doesn't stick and the filter reverts back to 'all channels' as other have noted.

BkfAZ
Channel Surfer

Re: filter option missing from the channel options menu

Jump to solution

Posted 8/28/2022 in: Roku Community>Roku TV>Discussions>TV guide suddenly changed
Re: TV guide suddenly changed
*Possible Solution for All? * If I were (and was) a software developer, I would change the change Channel options "Filter" menu to include [selected/unselected] check boxes in front of "[x] All Channels", "[x] Favorites", "[x] Recents", etc. so that 1 or more of the selected categories could appear on the Guide.

Spunkythis

Jump to solution

Looks like some folks are getting the Favorites like it used to be, select it and it's there when you restart the  TV.

We're still seeing the Favorites revert to All Channels whenever it feels like, and always after restarting the TV. Any updates of putting this back to the previous functionality???

We have a Hisense Roku TV   C247X

Software Version 11.0.0 build 4193-94

mGol
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

It appears that there was yet another update which cleared all previously selected favorites

tclR0KUowner
Channel Surfer

Channel filter reverts to all channels when powered off

Jump to solution

Within the past 10 days or so, my TCL Roku TV on Live TV reverts back to All Channels (from Favorites) every time I cycle the TV off and back on.  I have to reset the Channel Options > Filter > Favorites each time.

mGol
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

It appears that the update moved the filter settings into the app which does not save the settings when the app is close,  So if you set the filter to be favorites in the Live TV app and then select another app like Roku app it loses the filter setting.  This is getting to be ridiculous. SAVE THE FILTER SETTING, how hard is that?

douglaspat

Re: New search completely sucks.

Jump to solution

Agreed! I hope everyone lets you know. The new search makes me want to throw anything with the word roku on it out the window (and I'm a pretty mellow guy).

DanLex

Re: How can I get just My Favorite channels back?

Jump to solution

I would like this as well.  I hate spending 5 min. scrolling through hundreds of channels to get to the one I want.