Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
frink85
Channel Surfer

Re: Live TV Channel Guide Possible to Default to Favorites?

Jump to solution

mGol
Streaming Star

Re: filter option missing from the channel options menu

Jump to solution

Filter options were restored this evening. Cancelling replacement TVs.  Had just placed the orders.  Another day and it would have been too late.

Thank you.

frink85
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

@u_r_o_k wrote:

this is making me crazy. now they changed it AGAIN to where now it just shows all channels and there is no where in any of the settings to make it go back to favorites.  what is wrong with the people doing this omfg

Geez I got home and checked it out, they made it worse. Now I can’t even change the guide menu to favorites at all.

Wtf is the point of having favorite channels if I can’t filter them?? SMH.

frink85
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

@Mr-E wrote:

Saw this when experimenting, may have always been there, but I never noticed it.

Go to TV Guide and move all the way left. Press * and select filter, then favorites.

They'll now be displayed until you turn the TV off.

Check for updates each day, looks like they're trying. (But I'm happy, since I rarely used favorites)

Hmm ok that’s a better way than the last update, but still annoying to have to do this every time you turn to Live TV.

kmike75
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

My filter option is back as well. It had better stay there and roku had better leave my tv alone from now on. 

dcathome
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

It works but is not the same. If I change inputs and go back to the TV input I have to select filter to favorites again. It reverts back to all channels. The same when turned off then on again.

Stuey2
Channel Surfer

Guide filter resets after power off

Jump to solution

It looks like Roku is trying to be responsive to complaints but is still bugs to fix. The guide has returned to a better format and you can filter to only show favorites. But currently your filter is lost when tv is powered off. Hopefully this is a bug that can be fixed quickly. 

0 Kudos
denhamspringsla
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

HEY FRINK- it doesn't show if your reply was meant directly for me BUT this is the second day in which live tv guide defaults to favorites (yay for me)

annoying does not approach the true core of feelings towards this absolute total f**k up.  i could not handle it and left the channel for ONLY the two times a day for shows and it was for that reason that i saw it had been defaulted back to NORMAL. 

AND WHEN I FIRST REACHED OUT FOR INFORMATION ON THE DILEMMA YOU WERE THE ONE OTHER PERSON WHO WAS COMPLAINING - and it demonstrated that this whole thing was not a figment of my lone imagination.  tks 

denhamspringsla
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

MR E - you said you were not a frequenter of favorites but i hope you can fathom that there are people who goes through a rather lengthy process marking any one particular channel as a favorite so that they don't spend all that time in locating what you like.  while one could find success in maneuvering back to their pre-marked favorites with a great many clicks (each and every time you would like to see what was on the very NEXT channel) was a blunder that should NOT be made by anyone in authority.  

denhamspringsla
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

mr e, you are not correct in saying that once chosen the favorites channels did not stay that way until you turned the tv off.  let me try to explain.  you have chosen channels 1-2-3 as your favorites.  the rule of thumb is the default guide shows these favorites primarily.  you have chosen 1 to watch.  you've already seen that episode and am not interested in seeing it again.  so, you want to see what is on channel 2.  you could see what was on 2 until you left clicked all the way over to the menu of all channels, whatever the second choice was and FINALLY to favorites to see what was on the VERY NEXT CHANNEL.  i call this "rig-ah-ma-role".

we all have enough "rig-ah-ma-role" in our daily lives.  we have no wish to have it forced down our throats in our entertainment time.

0 Kudos