Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
demsd
Roku Guru

Re: Live TV Guide reverts to All Channels

Jump to solution

@DougieD wrote:

Two days ago, my live channel guide changed so that Favorites is a menu item listed on the left, along with All Channels, News, Español, etc.

What Roku giveth, it taketh away. Personally I liked the menu addition. Today it is gone. Having to keep choosing a menu option wasn't a huge deal for me.

40" TCL Roku TV
50" TCL Roku TV
0 Kudos
demsd
Roku Guru

Re: Live TV Channel Guide Possible to Default to Favorites?

Jump to solution

@frink85 wrote:

Hey, 

I have a TCL tv with built in Roku, 11.0.0 build 4193-48. I have a coax external antenna that I use for “Live TV” over the air TV.

The updates over the last year or two keep screwing with the guide. Before the latest update, when starting the “Live TV” channel the guide would default to my favorite channels, no wasting time and remote clicks to get to what I want. 

Now with the latest update I have to click to the left to choose favorites and then back to the guide. I was wondering if anyone knew a workaround to just have my favorite stations on my guide at all times? Tired of having to wade through useless digital stations to get to the station I want.

Thanks in advance!

I have not had that issue with my TCL TVs until today. They had changed the guide to add a menu to the left side, then removed it. Now I have to select favorites each time I restart the TV.

40" TCL Roku TV
50" TCL Roku TV
Mr-E
Streaming Star

Re: TV guide suddenly changed

Jump to solution

Happy days! I turned off my TV to go to the store. When I returned, the left hand menu was gone, and it once again showed just "All Channels". I don't use "Favorites", so I'm not going to touch it.

Thanks Roku for listening!!!

0 Kudos
fripp02
Reel Rookie

Re: TV guide suddenly changed

Jump to solution

YAY!  The channel filter option is back and the categories are gone.  I guess the squeaky wheel gets the grease.

0 Kudos
u_r_o_k
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

this is making me crazy. now they changed it AGAIN to where now it just shows all channels and there is no where in any of the settings to make it go back to favorites.  what is wrong with the people doing this omfg

Carl_Dutch

Jump to solution

I liked the left side extra menu! Why did they tease us with it for a few days, then take it away!

Mr-E
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

Saw this when experimenting, may have always been there, but I never noticed it.

Go to TV Guide and move all the way left. Press * and select filter, then favorites.

They'll now be displayed until you turn the TV off.

Check for updates each day, looks like they're trying. (But I'm happy, since I rarely used favorites)

Mr-E
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

You misspelled torture...Smiley LOL

@Carl_Dutch wrote:

I liked the left side extra menu! Why did they tease us with it for a few days, then take it away!

GregoryM

Re: Live TV Guide reverts to All Channels

Jump to solution

Yes they need to go back this sucks

0 Kudos
dcathome
Streaming Star

Re: filter option missing from the channel options menu

Jump to solution

Thank you Roku! My filter selection is back!20220827_005824.jpg

20220827_005529.jpg