Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bryank59
Streaming Star

TV antenna rescan resets all the streaming channels too.

I have 2 Roku TV's from different makers, but it happens on both.
I notice whenever I do the "TV antenna" scan it also rescans ALL the streaming channels too.
Every time I've done an "TV antenna" scan only, it rescans everything and erases all my previous fav/hide selections.
My OTA channel line-up changes frequently where I live so I have to rescan often.
Then I have to go through ALL the channels antenna and streaming and hide or favorite them ....again ....ugh!!
Am I missing something here?
Why does it rescan the streaming channels and reset my settings when I'm only doing the TV antenna rescan?

0 Kudos
11 REPLIES 11
Moat
Streaming Star

Re: TV antenna rescan resets all the streaming channels too.

I agree completely - losing all of the "Hide/Favorites" selections from a channel re-scan is a royal PITA, and a basic system useability design oversight in serious need of attention.

Unfortunately, the history of Roku not listening to customer complaints on such fundamental, obvious useability issues makes the chances of this ever being addressed pretty slim-to-none. 😕 Very disappointing.

JimBob
Binge Watcher

It is a PITA. I have quite a few of streaming channels that I favorited. I don't like having to do every time. 

bryank59
Streaming Star

In the beginning I thought the streaming channel rescan was done under the "cable" scan option.
Silly me

0 Kudos
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi Community users!

Thanks for getting in touch and for keeping the Roku Community posted.

We'd like to learn more about this, and to better understand, could you tell us when you started seeing this behavior? Is there an error message? Is the problem resolved following a simple restart, or does it persist even after the system has been restarted?

Please tell us more about this, and we'll further look into it.

Regards,

Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
bryank59
Streaming Star

Hi ERey,
There is no error code.
As I explained ....when you do a TV antenna/OTA channel scan under the TV antenna channel scan option, it also rescans all the streaming channels and resets all of my hide/favorite channel settings.
This happens to all the channels under the "Live TV" icon.
So I have to go back in and manually hide all the channels I don't want to see on the guide each time I do a antenna rescan.

IHiJump
Streaming Star

Does anybody test this before tbey release it?

RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @bryank59 @IHiJump,

Thank you for keeping us posted!

We will be more than happy to assist you further with this issue that you're experiencing in scanning your antenna channels, which reset all the streaming channels. Have you tried to restart your Roku? If not, please try and see if that is able to fix the issue that you're seeing.

Please keep us posted on what you find out.

All the best,

John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
bryank59
Streaming Star

It doesn't matter if I restart the unit or not.
It doesn't matter if I unplug the TV for 30 seconds.

The problem is ....as I have already mentioned numerous times....

When you go to the option to scan for local channels using the "OTA TV antenna scan" option it resets all my "hidden/ favorite" channels sections.
Example ....I choose to not have any sports channels show up in my "Live TV" guide.
I also choose not to have any shopping or kids shows show in my guide.
So I go through the guide channel by channel using the "options" button and "hide" those channels.
Then there's channels I use the option button for to save in my "favorites".

My "Over The Air local TV stations" change quite often in my area, so I have to do the antenna scan often too.
There's 2 separate sections to your roku scan process ...antenna TV and cable TV.
I only do the TV antenna scan because I don't have cable or satellite.
So when the TV antenna scan is finished I hit cancel before it starts the cable scan.

Then I go back to the "live TV" guide and ALL the channels are now showing again.
The children, sports and everything is back on the guide.
The same "Live TV" guide I spent 10+ minutes going through every channel one by one setting up all my favorites and hiding channels I didn't want to see.

There you have it ...and for the last time.
That's what is happening.

It happens on my Roku/TCL TV and it happens on my Roku/Phillips TV.

Now tell me some more about how restarting the TV's will make my hidden channels and favorites magically reappear?

RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @bryank59,

We really do apologize for any inconvenience this has caused. We'll need to take a closer look into this, and we'll need your help. 

Could you share with us the details below?

• Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About).
  • Tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times, and provide us with this ID).

We look forward to hearing back from you.

Thanks,

Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.