Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JAG-DAD

TLC ROKU TV stuck in reset loop

Jump to solution

We suffered a 60 minute power failure.

Roku came up and loaded new software since then it's been in a reset loop.  It comes up in a generic Roku screen, goes blank, then comes up in the same screen,  brightens, goes blank again before showing our normal home screen for about half a second then goes blank again....rinse repeat.

Tried unplugging for extended period then plugging back in and holding the reset button for 15 seconds......no joy.  Same reset loop.

Any other ideas out there?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: TLC ROKU TV stuck in reset loop

Jump to solution

I would say hold the reset button for at least 30 seconds.  If your TV supports it, it will put it into Recovery Mode.  If not, it will factory reset it.

How to use Recovery Mode on your Roku TV system | Official Roku Support

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
kumarash2
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I moved the Roku ultra model 4802X to a wired connection and it actually finished a system update that got stuck when it was wireless connected to the home network.

0 Kudos
kumarash2
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Started happening to me last week as well. Specifically with the Amazon Prime video app.

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

I would say hold the reset button for at least 30 seconds.  If your TV supports it, it will put it into Recovery Mode.  If not, it will factory reset it.

How to use Recovery Mode on your Roku TV system | Official Roku Support

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.