Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AdamH2o
Channel Surfer

TCL tv won't let pc boot since update

Jump to solution

I keep my TCL 43S525 connected to my PC with HDMI as a second monitor, but since the newest update (10.5) my PC won't even boot unless the tv is unplugged from the computer first.

ASUS ROG STRIX B550-A

RYZEN 9 3900X

SAPPHIRE NITRO + RX 480

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
AdamH2o
Channel Surfer

Re: TCL tv won't let pc boot since update

Jump to solution

I THINK I've solved it. The new OS has either added or activated a low latency-game mode that my PC didn't like. Deactivating it seems to have resolved the issue. I will post further if anything changes.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
Skril
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

I had the same issue on my nvidia 3070

I somewhat solved it by using this to remove my graphics drivers entirely:

https://www.guru3d.com/files-details/display-driver-uninstaller-download.html

Then reinstalled the latest driver. I can now see the output on my TV. However, there are still other bugs like not being able to use VRR/Gsync, and the computer becomes unstable when installing newer drivers.

I think that maybe the update changed the device id on the TV and the PC graphics drivers don't know what the TV is or thinks it is something else.

AdamH2o
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I THINK I've solved it. The new OS has either added or activated a low latency-game mode that my PC didn't like. Deactivating it seems to have resolved the issue. I will post further if anything changes.

0 Kudos
Shehzie

Jump to solution

Asus Z590 on TCL 55C725 TV

I had this issue for a long time

This issue resolved by turning off "HDMI Advance Standard" on TCL TV.

System -> advance setting -> HDMI Advance Standard -> Off

0 Kudos