Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TCL roku TV 6 series (2022)Hdmi issues

Hello I have a TCL roku Tv the 6 series running build 4317. I have been having issues since this update with my LG soundbar. Previously I used the hdmi out connection from my LG soundbar which is connected to the Earc port on the TV to play the nintendo switch. However since this update not only will the TV not recognize there I'd an HDMI signal from the Earc port it also trys to change my input to hdmi 1 which has something completely different on it and that device is not on. Both are gaming consoles but the TV should not mix up signal coming from different ports. I have tried using the actual HDMI port on the TV but that doesn't seem to work either as the quality on the port is terrible and I have no audio from the switch at all and there are black bars on the side of the picture which I am able to remove if I change the settings then put the device to sleep each time I use it. Why is this happening and is this going to be fixed so I can use my soundbar again HDMI 3 is a normal port on this TV and displays the fire stick fine roku seems to be not liking gaming consoles and soundbars with this update. Are there any fixes? 

Note:I have factory resetted my TV and unplugged the TV and ports multiple times to no avail 

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: TCL roku TV 6 series (2022)Hdmi issues

@Kingcharles

Thanks for the post.

We would be more than happy to look further into this issue for you. Can you please provide us the following information:

• Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
  • tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times and provide us with this ID)
  • steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing 
  • screenshots of what is happening on screen so we can better understand the issue
  • what devices are plugged into which of the Roku TVs HDMI ports

Once we have this information, we will be able to investigate further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos