Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rumplestilts
Binge Watcher

TCL TV vs Which Roku box?

Jump to solution

This is not a problem but a sort-of technical question.

I have a TCL 43" Class 4-Series 4K UHD HDR Roku Smart TV - 43S431 that I bought at Walmart about 16 months ago. It has behaved flawlessly; no complaints. In fact, its performance (speed at loading streaming channels) is considerably better than my older Roku (v2) boxes connected to other non-smart TVs.

And this is my question: Would a new Ultra or UltraLT provide the same performance as the TCL TV? As there don't seem to be detailed specs regarding RAM, storage, processor, etc. that would permit such a comparison, perhaps there are kind readers of this post who do own both a TCL Roku TV and a Roku Ultra and might provide at least a seat of the pants comparison?

Thanks very much and a Merry Christmas to all!

Barry

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: TCL TV vs Which Roku box?

Jump to solution

Try Hardware specifications | Roku Developer to make comparisons among models.  You need the Roku model number displayed under Settings->System->About and for some reason not all Roku TVs show up.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

Try Hardware specifications | Roku Developer to make comparisons among models.  You need the Roku model number displayed under Settings->System->About and for some reason not all Roku TVs show up.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
rumplestilts
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Great link! Thank you. Enough info there to give me my answers.

0 Kudos