Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MarkReid

Re: TCL TV - TV inputs changed into their own nested menu on main screen - how to change back?

Roku... reverse this strange and cumbersome change.  Please let me put my individual inputs back on the home page, rather than have to click through to find them.  At least give us the option to choose.

User953
Reel Rookie

Re: TCL TV - TV inputs changed into their own nested menu on main screen - how to change back?

This is awful on so many fronts.  First, this change is pushed out to a select few without their knowledge. Not a good practice at all.  Second, it makes navigation to different inputs more cumbersome than it was before.  I'm fine if they want to include this as an optional way to organize inputs, but to force extra steps to get to the input you want is a step back.

Also, think of the headache you just caused for your customers that aren't that technologically adept and those of us who provide support to them.  The easy, clear, familiar way of choosing inputs just changed without any notice.  Cue the phone call to the family member that helps them who has no idea why things have changed or how they changed.  Cue the frustrating conversation, the visit to the house to see first hand what is going on.  Cue the internet search to eventually see this page.  Cue the new training session to teach someone not great with technology how to do things differently knowing that this may change again.   Some people like or need stability and simplicity in their day to day.   This makes navigation less straightforward and the way you rolled it out is just plain awful.   Don't beta test on customers who have not explicitly chosen to participate. Reverse this, please.

lori4
Channel Surfer

My inputs have returned to my home screen! They are no longer nested and i am thrilled. “Continue watching” is located on  “what to watch screen” and i love that. Also know that i seem to be one of the testers as i have had unexpected features. Thanks for listening Roku!!!

lori4
Channel Surfer

My individual inputs ate back! I am super happy! 

hwolfe
Reel Rookie

I'm glad they fixed it for you!   Unfortunately, my Roku TV still has the inputs buried in the "TV Inputs" folder with no option to move them to the home screen 😞       I should mention that it is not a TCL (it's an Element branded Roku TV), but I assumed that the Roku TV interface software is the same for all manufacturers.    

lori4
Channel Surfer

that was very short lived, for 24 hours i had my inputs back on the home page but as of today its nested again. I restarted the system but yeah its still there. My hope is that this is an indication they are working it out. 

0 Kudos
ShaiQuinzel
Reel Rookie

Completely agree! My husband and and have been trying to fix for me to finally break down and Google it and find that it's not a bug, but a weird update! I really really hate it, as everything was simple and perfectly organized before! Why change this and make it more chaotic and harder to access? It makes no sense! 

Unpopular

Mine keeps switching back and forth between the nested menu and having them broke out again tonight.

The love of God leave it unnested this was a terrible change I hate it so much glad to see it back even for a second it's so much better it's not even funny!

RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Welcome, and thank you for posting here at the Roku Community, @Unpopular!

We hear you and certainly value your feedback, as your satisfaction and convenience are what we aim for. Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience this may have caused you. Rest assured that the Roku streaming platform is constantly upgrading its system and features. 

Please don't hesitate to let us know if there's anything else you'd want us to address. Also, feel free to create a new thread for different concerns. We'd be more than happy to listen and take action. 

Kind regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
quipsterk
Binge Watcher

@RokuCarly Looks like a lot of folks (myself included) have already expressed our concern about this unnecessary “feature”. Maybe Roku should take action and reverse course with this UI change. Shouldn’t improvements to the user experience take fewer clicks and not more?

Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.