Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
lori4
Channel Surfer

Re: TCL TV - TV inputs changed into their own nested menu on main screen - how to change back?

i have all these you listed and for the most part i have enjoyed them .. except the nested tv input. one fix would be if i my tv input that i wanted to continue watching would show up in the list or if the continue watching list was customizable.. now that would be ok with me 

makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Re: TCL TV - TV inputs changed into their own nested menu on main screen - how to change back?

@lori4-

I haven't received these test items on any of my Rokus, but if there are items you would prefer not to have in this Continue Watching list, I've been told if you click the remote * button on them, you'll be given the option of removing them.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Ultra 4800 | Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos
makaiguy

@quipsterk wrote:

@makaiguy Is there someplace that shows what tests Roku are running? How do you know this is just a test and not a permanent change? Just curious.

Once in a long while, if we squeeze them hard enough, Roku actually feeds the handful of users they have designated as Experts a little info we can use to answer questions. 

I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

0 Kudos
Tooty34

Yes, with the * button you can remove items from the TV inputs nested menu list, but you still have to go to the TV Inputs menu to get to Live TV, Cable TV, HDMI, etc.  You cannot have one or two single choices show on the home  screen, like before.  It is ridiculous and very annoying!

richb3
Reel Rookie

That doesn’t solve this. 

HellBound
Streaming Star

@makaiguy Testing should be a opt-in option. Testing should not be done without consent. Roku is going to learn the hard way. I have all Roku TV's and already have decided to start replacing them with Google TV's due to the constant updates for unneeded features, bugs that don't get fixed, and Moderator Bots that keep telling us to reboot or reset without providing any solutions.

makaiguy

@HellBound wrote:

@makaiguy Testing should be a opt-in option. Testing should not be done without consent.

I just mentioned what was going on. I never said I approved of it.

We're in agreement on this. Beta testers sign up to check out new features and code so that the bugs can be worked out before being unleashed on the general public.  Sending trial balloons out to random guinea pigs who have not agreed to test for them is not good policy.

hwolfe
Reel Rookie

Roku, PLEASE restore individual HDMI inputs on the home screen.  We were about to buy another Roku TV for our basement family room, but after the change that buried input selections in separate folder with no option to move them to the home screen,  we will buy something else unless the former functionality is restored.

Thanks for listening 🙂 

makaiguy

Alerting Roku employees @RokuAustin, @RokuERey, and any other moderators, to user feedback from @hwolfe that needs to be passed on.

RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi Community users,

We understand that you're seeing some modifications on the TV inputs menu. We really do appreciate the feedback that you provided about it.

I'll make sure to communicate this to the relevant team for further review. We'll make sure to update this thread once we have information available.

Warm regards,

Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.